Oh the joys of head and neck......

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Inquiringmind24

"The fact man"
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Like many other MS-1's, I'm preparing for the first head and neck exam in anatomy which covers most of the region minus the pharynx, nasal cavity, oral cavity, ear, etc (the second exam). So far I've done pretty well in anatomy, but this unit has been pretty tough. Are there any students out there who successfully mastered the material? If so, do any of you have any good study tips for this region? I'm finding it difficult to keep the nerves and vessels straight, especially when adding autonomics and innervations to the mix. Any advice would be greatly appreciated (especially from aspiring ENT's)!

Members don't see this ad.

Just be happy you don't need to know all that other stuff for this exam...we (Touro) have EVERYTHING on one exam in one week!!!

Oh, it's not that bad. Just think, it'll be over in a week or two. Good luck. :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Inquiringmind24 said:
Like many other MS-1's, I'm preparing for the first head and neck exam in anatomy which covers most of the region minus the pharynx, nasal cavity, oral cavity, ear, etc (the second exam). So far I've done pretty well in anatomy, but this unit has been pretty tough. Are there any students out there who successfully mastered the material? If so, do any of you have any good study tips for this region? I'm finding it difficult to keep the nerves and vessels straight, especially when adding autonomics and innervations to the mix. Any advice would be greatly appreciated (especially from aspiring ENT's)!

I agree with you that head and neck sucks! There are some good mnemonics at http://www.medicalmnemonics.com/ I'd probably venture to guess that touro's exam schedule isn't quite as rigorous as AZCOM.....in fact....I don't know of any, besides CCOM that are! Good luck with the test man!

Tonloc08 said:
I agree with you that head and neck sucks! There are some good mnemonics at http://www.medicalmnemonics.com/ I'd probably venture to guess that touro's exam schedule isn't quite as rigorous as AZCOM.....in fact....I don't know of any, besides CCOM that are! Good luck with the test man!
isn't quite as rigorous? how is AZCOM's exam schedule so much more rigorous than any other med schools?

1hotaartichoke said:
isn't quite as rigorous? how is AZCOM's exam schedule so much more rigorous than any other med schools?

I think it's because they have weekly exams. If there were comprehensives at the end of the quarter, then perhaps I would agree, but I don't know. Anyhow, who cares...it doesn't matter.

Anatomy is anatomy is anatomy. Just learn it and get ready for the boards! Good luck!

1hotaartichoke said:

Our year also consists of only 30 weeks, so we move a little faster. Not starting ****, just stating facts!

Tonloc08 said:
Our year also consists of only 30 weeks, so we move a little faster. Not starting ****, just stating facts!
hey, i didn't mean it in a confrontational way at all :D
i just had never heard anything about AZCOM's schedule being especially different than anyone else's.

1hotaartichoke said:
hey, i didn't mean it in a confrontational way at all :D
i just had never heard anything about AZCOM's schedule being especially different than anyone else's.

What is azcom's exam schedule like?