Ohio PT Schools 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

derka75

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I decided to start a thread for anyone applying to schools in Ohio! The schools in Ohio I have applied to are Cleveland State, Toledo, Ohio State, and Youngstown State. So far I have heard back from Toledo with an interview on 12/13. Feel free to share where you guys have applied as well as any information about Ohio PT schools!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! I applied to seven schools ( Elon, OSU, Youngstown State, Emory, OU, Toledo, and Dayton). I have heard back and have interviews from the last 4 mentioned. Emory is Nov 15th, OU is Nov 22nd, Dayton is Dec 13th, and Toledo was also Dec 13th but I may be rescheduling to Dec 6th. Good luck to everyone with their interviews!!

Hello! I applied to Youngstown, Toledo, Cleveland State, and Cincinnati! I have only heard back from Toledo for the December 13th interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Cleveland state sent out some acceptances today. I am currently on the waitlist, hopefully there’s some quick movement on it

Cleveland state sent out some acceptances today. I am currently on the waitlist, hopefully there’s some quick movement on it

They accepted me today. Not sure I'll be attending though depending if I get offers from other schools so my spot may open up.

Do you mind sharing your stats?

GPA: 3.86
Pre req GPA: around 3.81
GRE: 156V, 156Q, 4.0 writing

Hours: around 130 split between a couple settings

Extra-Curric: Leadership team on campus ministry group, ex. sci. club, Youth Mentor, Worked at Kayak Livery, etc.

Reactions: 1 user

Hey! Non Traditional student here, I was also waitlisted at CSU. I am concerned because as a non-traditional/post-bac, I was missing 5 pre-req courses for my CSU application. The only Ohio schools I applied to are CSU and YSU, all other schools were out of state, mostly because they either accepted course work older than 5 years or the pre-req's I am taking also fulfilled those schools.
Here are my stats if that helps
Undergrad: University of Akron, Bachelor of Fine Arts in Dance, cum laude
Post Bac: Cuyahoga Community College, Associate of Science
Overall GPA: 3.59
Pre-Req GPA: 3.5
GRE: 148V 148Q 3.5W
LOR: 1 PT, 2 Professors
Shadow hours: still in progress (I work full time), 25 in-patient, 25 school PT, 25 sports rehab
Extra curriculars: Danced and toured internationally with a professional dance company. Dance teacher for disabled and non-disabled students for 6 years. Initiated adaptive arts days at a local community center. NASM certified and teach group fitness at a boutique gym.

Fingers crossed there is some quick movement or we hear from other schools soon, good luck!

Hey! Non Traditional student here, I was also waitlisted at CSU. I am concerned because as a non-traditional/post-bac, I was missing 5 pre-req courses for my CSU application. The only Ohio schools I applied to are CSU and YSU, all other schools were out of state, mostly because they either accepted course work older than 5 years or the pre-req's I am taking also fulfilled those schools.
Here are my stats if that helps
Undergrad: University of Akron, Bachelor of Fine Arts in Dance, cum laude
Post Bac: Cuyahoga Community College, Associate of Science
Overall GPA: 3.59
Pre-Req GPA: 3.5
GRE: 148V 148Q 3.5W
LOR: 1 PT, 2 Professors
Shadow hours: still in progress (I work full time), 25 in-patient, 25 school PT, 25 sports rehab
Extra curriculars: Danced and toured internationally with a professional dance company. Dance teacher for disabled and non-disabled students for 6 years. Initiated adaptive arts days at a local community center. NASM certified and teach group fitness at a boutique gym.

Fingers crossed there is some quick movement or we hear from other schools soon, good luck!

good luck!

Out of State student; applied to OSU and Cincinnati.
GPA: 3.7 from prestigious universtiy
GRE: 153V 155 Q 4.5W
LOR: 1 professor/research mentor, 1 PT, 1 volunteer supervisor
Shadowing: 135 hours total + 340 hours of research
EC: lots of volunteering, research, leadership

Has anyone heard from OSU regarding december inteviews?

Hello! I applied to seven schools ( Elon, OSU, Youngstown State, Emory, OU, Toledo, and Dayton). I have heard back and have interviews from the last 4 mentioned. Emory is Nov 15th, OU is Nov 22nd, Dayton is Dec 13th, and Toledo was also Dec 13th but I may be rescheduling to Dec 6th. Good luck to everyone with their interviews!!
Update* Still have yet to hear from OSU but now have interview scheduled for Toledo on Dec 6th and added an interview to Elon on Jan 31st.

I've gotten an interview at Dayton and Ohio University. Have not heard back from OSU about interviews yet

Members don't see this ad :)
hi Ya'll!
Applied to: OSU, Toledo, OU, Walsh, Mount St. Joseph, Youngstown, and Wheeling Jesuit.
I have received an interview from each school except Toledo, where I was waitlisted as an interview alternate, and Youngstown. However, I heard Youngstown is sending out acceptances starting next week! Good look everybody, I believe in you!

Just received an acceptance from YSU!

Was just informed I am on the waitlist for OU, just curious to see if anyone got accepted and how long they gave you to reserve your spot. Thanks!

Was just informed I am on the waitlist for OU, just curious to see if anyone got accepted and how long they gave you to reserve your spot. Thanks!
I was accepted this morning. They have given us until Jan 15 to make a deposit but have asked us to confirm by Dec 16 if we're accepting or not. I already committed to my #1 choice (George Washington University), so I will be declining. Hopefully that opens up a spot for you. Good luck!

I was accepted this morning. They have given us until Jan 15 to make a deposit but have asked us to confirm by Dec 16 if we're accepting or not. I already committed to my #1 choice (George Washington University), so I will be declining. Hopefully that opens up a spot for you. Good luck!
This was super helpful so thank you! Congrats and good luck at George Washington University!

Has anyone heard from Cincinnati? I just realized that their confirmation email originally said they hoped to send out acceptances by the end of November

Has anyone heard from Cincinnati? I just realized that their confirmation email originally said they hoped to send out acceptances by the end of November
Have not heard from them yet either.

I heard from Cincinnati yesterday

I got an email saying they were still reviewing applications and should get back by the end of January, but didn't give a decision (like never said I was on the waitlist)

I got an email saying they were still reviewing applications and should get back by the end of January, but didn't give a decision (like never said I was on the waitlist)
I wonder if we got the same email. I mentioned it in here because I have barely seen anyone post about applying to cinci. My email didn’t directly say I’m in the waitlist, I found the wording a bit confusing but I’m pretty sure I am waitlisted and they said my waitlist position would go out after mid January. I even emailed to see if they were allowed to say how many people were waitlisted because I really want to gauge my chances of getting In ASAP. I have a med term prerequisite I still have to take for them and my tuition for it is due early January. I have no reason to take the course if I don’t get in Cincinnati and it’s $500 so I am super disappointed that we won’t know more until at least mid January!

Has anyone heard back about OU's waitlist, or Walsh's? I am currently waitlisted at both, and I know there was a deadline for the accepted applicants to let the schools know official decisions, but I still haven't heard anything yet! Many thanks

I was accepted to Mount Union and Youngstown. I declined both because Toledo called me Dec. 19th and told me I was accepted. I thought it was weird because they explicitly said they would accept us Jan. 16th. I am also waitlisted at Walsh and OU. If anyone declines their OU spot let me know :( also, OSU was supposed to notify us Dec. 19th and they never did. But my application still says "pending" on Buckyelink. Has anyone heard back from OSU?

I was accepted to Mount Union and Youngstown. I declined both because Toledo called me Dec. 19th and told me I was accepted. I thought it was weird because they explicitly said they would accept us Jan. 16th. I am also waitlisted at Walsh and OU. If anyone declines their OU spot let me know :( also, OSU was supposed to notify us Dec. 19th and they never did. But my application still says "pending" on Buckyelink. Has anyone heard back from OSU?
Do you mind sharing your stats? I’m still waiting to hear from Toledo and am surprised they made any acceptances so early!

Do you mind sharing your stats? I’m still waiting to hear from Toledo and am surprised they made any acceptances so early!

I was so surprised they called me. They called then I got an email four days later about how they will be sending my acceptance in the mail.

GPA: 3.78
prereq GPA: 3.5-3.6 (depending on the program)
GRE: 152V 149Q 4W
EC: club president, other officer positions, equestrian team, prePT club, volunteered at a few places but not significant, peer tutor, well-being and fitness assistant and some others
100 hours PT observations (25 acute care, the rest are outpatient)
letters: 2 PTs, 1 prof, 1 employer

So far I have nothing from OSU.. did you end up hearing anything today?

I was accepted 11/20 and I declined. Two of my OU friends got accepted barely two weeks ago. Hope a spot opens up for you!
Thank you! I emailed them the other day and they said they were still going through the interview process... I am super nervous because my stats are just average.

Thank you! I emailed them the other day and they said they were still going through the interview process... I am super nervous because my stats are just average.
Both my friends had average 3.4-3.5 GPAs. Even a 3.0 prerequisite GPA. They had pretty good extracurriculars though. Don’t worry, I’m assuming they will have many more decline once other interviews get finished up with other schools!

Both my friends had average 3.4-3.5 GPAs. Even a 3.0 prerequisite GPA. They had pretty good extracurriculars though. Don’t worry, I’m assuming they will have many more decline once other interviews get finished up with other schools!
Thanks for the encouragement!

Has anyone been pulled from the waitlist at OU, Youngstown State or Toledo? I am still waiting to hear back after my interviews from OSU and Dayton but I was just curious because being on the waitlist is very frustrating haha

Has anyone been pulled from the waitlist at OU, Youngstown State or Toledo? I am still waiting to hear back after my interviews from OSU and Dayton but I was just curious because being on the waitlist is very frustrating haha
I'm accepted at Toledo. Top choice is OU but I feel like a jerk emailing and asking, so I feel stuck. OSU still hasnt gotten back to me either. I have heard of two OSU students getting accepted to OSU. It's like they are just picking people over a course of days.

I was pulled from the Youngstown waitlist December 20th. Still haven’t heard anything from Toledo.

Nothing still on my end! One of my friends was accepted around the 19th, so am wondering if all acceptances have already been sent out/ if osu is sending info out in waves

Thanks! I thought they said we’d all hear back about acceptance/waitlist position before Christmas but I also heard the date January 15th thrown out so maybe they’re waiting to see who all will accept the spots before sending out waitlist?

Thanks! I thought they said we’d all hear back about acceptance/waitlist position before Christmas but I also heard the date January 15th thrown out so maybe they’re waiting to see who all will accept the spots before sending out waitlist?
My sister's boyfriend applied for med school there and he said you will hear on buckeyelink before you'll ever get an email or something in the mail. I have also heard of other people applying for PT school have the same issue. So I guess just keep an eye on buckeyelink!!

Dumb question, but do you have to be a osu student as an undergrad to have a buckeyelink?

Dumb question, but do you have to be a osu student as an undergrad to have a buckeyelink?
When you did the supplemental app for OSU they sent you a link to sign up for a buckeye link. Everyone that applies has to sign up for one whether they are from OSU or not. Hope that helps!

Does anyone know the chances of being accepted off of the Ohio University waitlist? Thanks!

My sister's boyfriend applied for med school there and he said you will hear on buckeyelink before you'll ever get an email or something in the mail. I have also heard of other people applying for PT school have the same issue. So I guess just keep an eye on buckeyelink!!

That’s good to know, thanks! I’m considering emailing them asking for an update as well.