Ohio State? Has anyone heard ANYTHING from them yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DukeBluDevl02

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just curious if anyone out there has heard anything from Ohio State...?

Does anyone know if it's true that they only interview certain MCAT scores or higher prior to Jan. 1?

Discuss Ohio State or any Ohio medical school here...:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

I spoke to an admissions secretary about two weeks ago, and she told me that Ohio State is interviewing candidates with >3.5 GPA AND >30 MCAT until the end of January. Then, they will call people will stats lower than those.

I interviewed there sometime in mid-sept.... got accepted in mid oct.

You should call if it's bugging you... when was your ap complete? If it's been 2+ months since your ap was complete... I'd call.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the info, I was gonna call OSU this week, since I haven't heard anything from them yet. I guess because I'm borderline on my MCAT score.

osu told me the same thing....
1) must have 3.5 +
2) must have 30 + MCAT
3) must have 'adequate' clinical experience....i didnt ask what adequate is

i meet all of these requirements and still have not heard from osu! i'm sweating this one out too....but i didn't turn in my 2ndary app until october 28th....when did you turn yours in? for those who have heard from osu...how long did it take for them to contact you after you sent in your 2ndary?

I have >3.5 and >30 MCAT and I just got an interview. My file has been complete since August. When I called a while back, the secretary said that my PS score was a little low (9) to be interviewing then (October).

So the invite was for Dec 2. I rescheduled it for Dec 18 so I wouldn't have to miss any finals. I'm already accepted at Cincinnati, which I think is ~ equal to OSU. The thing is, my little sister goes to OSU, and I would like to be able to be close to her--i.e. making sure she's not partying and having S-E-X :laugh:

Columbus is also a little closer to my family, as well as my g-friend's.

;) i interviewed at osu in early october and heard good news back by mid october.

still interviewing at other schools and holding multiple acceptances, but i'm starting to think OSU is "the one" -- anyone else out there going to be in the OSU-COM class of 07!?

scott

I just heard from them yesterday about an interview. They emailed me the interview invite. I'm an Aug. MCATer. I di have my application complete around Sep. 20, before my scores came back. I fall into that 3.5 GPA, 30+ category so maybe it's true that they interview applicants with those stats before Jan. I don't know. I am also an out-of-stater if that helps anyone. I am so happy to interview there and have only heard excellent comments about their school.:D

Someone also told me a few months ago that they no longer give preference to in-state residents, which I think is very unfair. I pay Ohio taxes and should be at the very least, in my opinion, be given an interview. But, to those of you out-of-state, good luck nonetheless. Maybe my day will come after the first of the new year.

No matter where I'll go, I'll still say GO BUCKS!

Hey...
I just got an email from OSU yesterday too (the 27th) inviting me for an interview...I had turned my app & secondary in late but I'm at the 3.5 and 30+ MCAT. Soo excited to be interviewing there...when will you be interviewing there aquaboy? I'm scheduled for Dec 9 but I might try to change to when I'm home for Christmas seeing as I'm supposed to work (in Chicago) that day!

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by xaelia
Hm...well, I had:

MCAT > 30
GPA < 3.5
...and two minor clinicalish ECs.

Out-of-state, interviewed and accepted at OSU already....
As an OSU grad, my impression was that OSU isn't much concerned with grades, luuuvs MCAT scores, and really likes diversity (nontrad, URM, different background...).

Good luck, all.

Originally posted by carmenrosie
Hey...
I just got an email from OSU yesterday too (the 27th) inviting me for an interview...I had turned my app & secondary in late but I'm at the 3.5 and 30+ MCAT. Soo excited to be interviewing there...when will you be interviewing there aquaboy? I'm scheduled for Dec 9 but I might try to change to when I'm home for Christmas seeing as I'm supposed to work (in Chicago) that day!

Just curious....how late was late for your secondary? Thanks....

I think my AMCAS was complete/validated for OSU on 10/10/02 and I received a letter stating my application was complete for them (secondary, letters, etc) on Nov. 15. So it didn't take them very long at all for them to get back to me. (I'm in-state BTW)

Anyone know if they have started to rejected people post-secondary/pre-interview?

anyone else with 30+ MCAT, 3.5+ GPA who hasnt heard anything from ohio state yet....starting to get a little worried!

still waiting for OSU here too.

bastards. :)

Just curious, where does the OSU medical school currently rank? I'm in optometry school at OSU, which ranks high (either 1 or 2 out of 17).

TPMOH

OSU College of Medicine is ranked 44 according to the US News & World Report Rankings for research. I believe OSU is tied with UC and that's 44 out of 144 allopathic and osteopathic medical schools.

OSU just scheduled me for an interview on January 22nd. I fall into the 3.5+, 30+ range, so the pre-Jan 1st rule for these applicants is not black and white.

Anyone who interviewed have some advice? I have heard that OSU loves to talk about issues in medicine and is big on ethics.

Originally posted by nichols195
OSU just scheduled me for an interview on January 22nd. I fall into the 3.5+, 30+ range, so the pre-Jan 1st rule for these applicants is not black and white.

Anyone who interviewed have some advice? I have heard that OSU loves to talk about issues in medicine and is big on ethics.

Check out interview feedback. For me it was pretty much like they said. They go straight down the old amcas. Then they ask you to name a medically related ethical issue that you may face in your career, and how you will deal with it. Then, they ask about your strengths by way of the usual "tell me what you'd like me to tell the rest of committee about you." Finally, they ask you to name one of your weaknesses.