Ohio State interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm still in AcadReview and haven't heard a word from admissions. I guess we'll have to wait until monday at the earliest.

Members don't see this ad.

nothing here :(... waiting until monday is going to be awful.

congratulations to all those who have heard! can't help but be a little jealous :)

I'm still in AcadReview and haven't heard a word from admissions. I guess we'll have to wait until monday at the earliest.

I'm also in AcadReview. I called OSU to see if they had a decision for me (shameless? Yes.) and they said they've only notified a few ppl but the majority of students won't find out until mid-Jan. :uhno:

I forgot to mention...CONGRATS EVERYONE! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
By the acceptances thread they've notified at least 10 people, that's 1/4 of their OOS slots! And that's only counting the people on SDN.

nothing here :(... waiting until monday is going to be awful.

Indeed; it's going to detract from Christmas something awful just wishing it was Monday again.

By the acceptances thread they've notified at least 10 people, that's 1/4 of their OOS slots! And that's only counting the people on SDN.

That's kinda discouraging. We'll just have to hope for the best and hopefully they won't really make us wait until mid Jan.

Just wanted to say that I found out today. I had checked my app status, which said decision. It also had something about a payment due by 4/15, so I called this morning right when they opened, and they let me know! I can't believe this is happening! Congrats to everyone else who got in!!!!

They are def gonna make us wait till mid jan, but thats fine cuz we kick a** and we will all be ok, at this school or another!

Just wanted to say that I found out today. I had checked my app status, which said decision. It also had something about a payment due by 4/15, so I called this morning right when they opened, and they let me know! I can't believe this is happening! Congrats to everyone else who got in!!!!

Smashley, you were accepted?!?! congrats!!! i knew you'd do well at the interview! congrats to everyone who got in. what an amazing christmas present!

I'm also in AcadReview. I called OSU to see if they had a decision for me (shameless? Yes.) and they said they've only notified a few ppl but the majority of students won't find out until mid-Jan. :uhno:

Not shameless at all! It's called taking one for the team!

It looks like it'll be a slightly longer wait for you guys (mid-jan just 2 weeks away), but I'm sure things will come through for everyone! As people keep saying, it's not over till you get a rejection! Good luck!:xf:

Smashley, you were accepted?!?! congrats!!! i knew you'd do well at the interview! congrats to everyone who got in. what an amazing christmas present!

Thanks, rileyroo!!! I really appreciate the confidence! I am so glad to be given a chance to fulfill my dream in becoming a vet!

Not shameless at all! It's called taking one for the team!

It looks like it'll be a slightly longer wait for you guys (mid-jan just 2 weeks away), but I'm sure things will come through for everyone! As people keep saying, it's not over till you get a rejection! Good luck!:xf:

Thanks Minnerbelle! Congrats on your acceptanceS! :thumbup:

Feel free not to respond to this if you find it to be a little too nosey, but I wanted to get somewhat of a feel for the applicants that have already been accepted (CONGRATS! btw). If at all possible I'd like to know GPAs, GREs, and Experience for those of you that have already been offered a spot. If you're all superhuman in some way it may provide my mind with some level of ease.:)

Feel free not to respond to this if you find it to be a little too nosey, but I wanted to get somewhat of a feel for the applicants that have already been accepted (CONGRATS! btw). If at all possible I'd like to know GPAs, GREs, and Experience for those of you that have already been offered a spot. If you're all superhuman in some way it may provide my mind with some level of ease.:)

Someone needs to start a Profile of a Successful Applicant thread for this year. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, usually people don't really tend to post in those until later on though, when more results are in.

Probably because when you lay everything out like that, you really feel like you're exposing yourself completely and people are worried about adcoms reading, etc.

If you're all superhuman in some way it may provide my mind with some level of ease.:)

I'm asian AND i see dead people, so yep i'm superhuman. haha... sad but kind of true... i swear i'm not a nutjob! (my african grey legitimately predicts earthquakes too). hopefully that puts you at ease.

i posted my stats sometime last summer i think. freak out post, like ahhhhh i suck someone tell me i'm not doomed. i'd post again but i dunno my gre scores off the top of my head no mo... i will later if you want

i just wanted to say thanks for everyones help through this admission process.. it would have been ROUGH without all of your support and knowing that others were feeling the same way as me no matter how weird those feelings :) thanks for all the congrats and hopefully after the holidays you will all hear good news :D

It's been a little too quiet around here lately :) Does anyone know if the admissions process is frozen until the new year? Has anyone been contacted this week?

I ended up getting my acceptance letter today! So, I guess they are sending them out. I do live in Columbus as of this summer, so it probably didn't take long to get here as it would other destinations. Hope others start to hear some news soon!

I havent gotten my letter yet, but mail is SO slow here when school is out. Did you get any information about the school/tuition deposit/etc or was it just the letter?

Nothing new on this front. App status still says AcadReview.

Wonder if they even went in this week?

I havent gotten my letter yet, but mail is SO slow here when school is out. Did you get any information about the school/tuition deposit/etc or was it just the letter?

I stopped by my apartment the other day only briefly enough to collect my mail, which contained my hard copy acceptance letter, and hang said letter on my fridge. :D There WAS other stuff in the envelope - I think about responses/deposits, immunization requirements, etc. - but to be honest I didn't even look at it. I'm away for most of the week, but when I get back to my apartment on Friday I'll be happy to let you know exactly what else was in there...

Hey There,

Yeah they were in the office this week. I called today and talked to some of them.

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted so far!!

Happy Holidays!

I stopped by my apartment the other day only briefly enough to collect my mail, which contained my hard copy acceptance letter, and hang said letter on my fridge. :D There WAS other stuff in the envelope - I think about responses/deposits, immunization requirements, etc. - but to be honest I didn't even look at it. I'm away for most of the week, but when I get back to my apartment on Friday I'll be happy to let you know exactly what else was in there...

Yay Turnbackhelly!:clap:

Did you status change on the OSU website? Mine still says AcadReview. :(

I am tired of seeing AcadReview for my status. Just Hurry up already and get on with it...is it good news or bad news? The suspense is killing me inside!+pissed+

I am tired of seeing AcadReview for my status. Just Hurry up already and get on with it...is it good news or bad news? The suspense is killing me inside!+pissed+

Hate to say it, but I'm pretty sure if we weren't contacted by phone call already, we are either waitlisted/rejected

The committee hasn't even met yet to make their decisions. The ones who got accepted already were early acceptances (IE outstanding applicants). The rest of us will hear this month or next.

They should be meeting very soon - probably within the next week or two.

Amber Cassall sent me this email "You should hear back from us no later than the end of January. Most applicants will receive a letter in the mail and most applicants who have received acceptances were from our out-of-state applicant pool."

So we should be hearing soon!!!

That's not very promising for us OOS students :( I hope they still have some OOS seats open :confused: I hate this!!

Are you checking your status on the supplemental application page? or am I looking in the completely wrong place. I haven't seen anything that says academic review, only that they've recieved my app and payment

Are you checking your status on the supplemental application page? or am I looking in the completely wrong place. I haven't seen anything that says academic review, only that they've recieved my app and payment

You should have been sent an email with a link to a status page. The email also included an id number and password

I think she was referring to the "outstanding applicants" as someone said before. I wouldn't give up hope!

i found out i was accepted on 12/23 and was able to go up to school to actually get my letter on 1/2.. so it came sometime between those dates. don't be expecting any big package though.. its just an envelope! i was like oh man maybe i imagined that phone call! but inside.. there is the official letter and another paper that tells you about conditions, provisions, health insurance, immunizations, and some other random stuff. there is also an official mail in bit that says yes i want to attend or no i dont and and envelope to send that and the check in and thats it! short but sweet i suppose :)

Anyone else get an e-mail about a survey? It was dated today.

I filled out the survey earlier. Last year some were invited on the 8th or 9th I think and some around the 20th too. Fingers crossed!

Does anyone know when decision letters are being mailed out. I'm starting to get antsy now that so many schools are sending out letters/calling

I wish I knew!! I just want to have the letter now regardless so I can either; start focusing on my classes (bc of rejection) or celebrate for a month (bc of acceptance!!!!)

I wouldn't mind a phone call at all right about now! :)

Forever will the word AcadReview be burned into the 'hatred' section of my brain. Change damn it!

I don't know this the in's and out's of this year's application cycle...but last year I got the call on 1/14!

I know how hard it is to not know the answer but it won't be too much longer! At least OSU makes their decisions pretty early...now go do something to totally distract yourselves from SDN/e-mail/phone/anything vet school related!

Good luck everyone! :luck:

Hope everyone is doing well today. Just wondering if there are other people out there on SDN like me that have applied to Ohio State this year and have not heard anything from them( no update on status, no interview, no rejection...anything). My status page still says Academic Review and I called the office and they said they couldn't give me information...just that they are reviewing my application. I know most people have had an interview in december(although I have heard of some "straggler" interviews in jan/feb of past years). I feel as though I will most likely hear a rejection sometime soon from them, but I just wanted to know if there are others that simply haven't heard any information, good or bad, from Ohio State.

Just got the accepted call (I'm oos) and the lady said that the committee met yesterday (at least on me) so looks like calls are going out this week! good luck to all!

I just got a call about 15 minutes ago. I'M IN!!!!!!!!!!!

:soexcited::claps::biglove:

I went over to the Student Affairs office and it sounds like they are in the process of calling people today. So HANG IN THERE, your call might be coming today!!

Hope everyone is doing well today. Just wondering if there are other people out there on SDN like me that have applied to Ohio State this year and have not heard anything from them( no update on status, no interview, no rejection...anything). My status page still says Academic Review and I called the office and they said they couldn't give me information...just that they are reviewing my application. I know most people have had an interview in december(although I have heard of some "straggler" interviews in jan/feb of past years). I feel as though I will most likely hear a rejection sometime soon from them, but I just wanted to know if there are others that simply haven't heard any information, good or bad, from Ohio State.

I'm in the same boat as you. Expecting a rejection though...

I am now going to have my phone by me all week! The suspense is killing me. I have three other interviews scheduled and I may withdraw from all of them if I get into OSU! I really wish they would let me know so I can move forward with my interviews or start planning to move to Columbus!!!!

Congrats Crazy Hippos! No more acadreview! :)

Thanks arcturus! And a special thanks to Rachroo! :love:
I'm seriously in shock right now. I thought I did horrible on my interview (and I probably did), but thanks Ohio for taking pity on me!

Last edited: