Ohio State PharmD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

burlingame.2

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone in ohio states pharmD program that could share some insights on the ins and outs of the program.

1. lenght
2. typical schedule
3. Professor to student ratio
4. anything else

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Nope, no late yellow flag throwing referee supporters, I mean Buckeyes around here :smuggrin:

I've heard a lot of great things about UC's program though, if you want info let me know

What have you heard about UC's (Cincinnati?) program? That is my 1st choice as I went there for undergrad.

I was an undergrad at Ohio State, and will begin their PharmD program in the the fall. I may be biased, but from the research I've done and students I've talked to, it's a first rate program. To answer your questions...It's a four year program with summers off. We're on a quarter system so school starts at the end of september and ends the second week of june. My class schedule next fall consists of Physiology, Biochemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, Drug Delivery, Pharmacy Practice, and Pharmacy Practice experience. The days will start at 730 (Ugh) and go until about 2:00, with a lunch break and at least another one hour break in there. Ohio State will give you lots of practical experiences. You do some beginning rotations first year, intermmediate rotations your third year, and rotations your entire 4th year. OSU gives you enough practical experience to get all 1500 hours required for licensure. I have heard the faculty is excellent, and truly care about students. I got the same impression in my interview as well. As far as class size, 120 students will be in the incoming class. In lecture classes, all 120 will be present. In labs and recitation sessions, we'll be broken into groups of about 30. Another perk about OSU is their medicial center. It is first rate. You will have opportunities to do rotations there, and with facilities such as the James Cancer Hospital, the new Heart and Lung hospital, the Medical school, University Hosptial, Harding Behavioral Health Center, you have unique opportunities you may not find elsewhere. Feel free to post if you have any more questions about Ohio State. Go Buckeyes!