Ohio State Rabies Titer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DVMoftheFuture

UFCVM c/o 2022
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all weird request: I am currently at home due to COVID. My vet school is wanting me to get a rabies titer before in-person clinics start. To avoid having to go back 2 weeks early, I am trying to find a place near me that will do a titer. The closest vet school to me currently is actually Ohio State. I am wondering if there are any current students on here who can tell me where they get their rabies titers done. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
You should be able to get it done anywhere. I had one done through my doctors office at home before I started vet school - they just have to send the blood off to a lab service that can run it.

Sent from my SM-G892U using SDN mobile

I got my titer done at Quest Diagnostics! Only issue was they would only do it on a weekday but didn’t have that publicized on their site so I had to come back a second time to get it done. I did need a doctor’s order in order to get it but that shouldn’t be a problem since you need it for school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I just had my doctors office send an order into quest and then I made an appointment with them so that they knew I was coming in for that specific test.

My PCP has always been able to order it for me as well. Each new PCP is typically like, oh I’ve never ordered this before! But they can still do it.

Reactions: 1 users
I’m a fourth year at Ohio State. I had to get my titers drawn in Feb prior to clinics. I went to Student health on campus, but honestly I bet you can get them drawn by your PCP and maybe even some of the smaller health clinics if you call ahead. The biggest thing is that the titers just have to go to specific labs.

If you’re local to Columbus and need some non-student health ideas for titers, PM me and I can poll my friends to see if they went elsewhere:)

Thanks for the recommendations everyone! I've contacted student health at UF, and I think they are going to be able to send doctor's orders to a lab for me. Fingers crossed that this works.