Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ffpickle

Thread Killer
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Given OSU's statement, "Pharmacy-related experience is expected for all applicants," is it impossible for those w/o experience to get in?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
No, they played the way they should at the end of the game. It wasn't lucky..they were just crap in the first half. They drove down the field, made plays, and scored a TD.

Oklahoma still sucks too, and we beat em.​

Got a lucky 4th down spot and a bunch of BS roughing the passer calls too. What I REALLY enjoyed was the pass interference called on Ohio State... but a quarter later, Texas does it to Ohio State and it was "good pass defense."

Last edited:
I just now looked and saw you were from Ohio :D Shouldnt you be more concerned with the awesome Orange Bowl?

A lucky 4th down spot? Replay showed him get that ball to the spot so I don't know the argument there. Just cause it was in front of an Ohio St. coaching staff that was jumping up and down doesnt mean they have to give it to them.

And you can't give me anything about the announcers saying something good about UT when the whole game they were clearly slated for Ohio St. I didn't know the 3rd ranked BCS team winning that game would be considered an "upset" but they clearly did. And the pass interference...first of all Pryor got away with a little push when he caught the pass on Gideon for the TD in the endzown...but I will give you that one. The one that made me laugh was the double pass interference on the 2 point conversion. It was clearly offensive, but whatever.

Glad we hijacked the thread too. :D

I just now looked and saw you were from Ohio :D Shouldnt you be more concerned with the awesome Orange Bowl?

A lucky 4th down spot? Replay showed him get that ball to the spot so I don't know the argument there. Just cause it was in front of an Ohio St. coaching staff that was jumping up and down doesnt mean they have to give it to them.

And you can't give me anything about the announcers saying something good about UT when the whole game they were clearly slated for Ohio St. I didn't know the 3rd ranked BCS team winning that game would be considered an "upset" but they clearly did. And the pass interference...first of all Pryor got away with a little push when he caught the pass on Gideon for the TD in the endzown...but I will give you that one. The one that made me laugh was the double pass interference on the 2 point conversion. It was clearly offensive, but whatever.

Glad we hijacked the thread too. :D

Nah I never really expect much out of the Bearcats, even though that is my school.

The fact that tech won that game was a miracle even to myself...

im glad our offense had enough sense to show up for a big game for once:)

Well I don't have experience either, and it definitely does hurt. I called the school after I submitted my supplemental app and was told that my numbers were good, but they really do look for the experience. He said "don't be worried if you don't get an interview invite tomorrow, but be patient and you may get one at a later date". It sucks, seeing as this is probably my top choice. My plan is to find some volunteer work soon, you should too.

No, they played the way they should at the end of the game. It wasn't lucky..they were just crap in the first half. They drove down the field, made plays, and scored a TD.

Oklahoma still sucks too, and we beat em.​

Nevermind.........

Last edited:
To the OP, yes it is possible to get in with out pharmacy experience. I have one friend who just started in 2008 and she did not have experience.

Also, it was still a great game. Of course, as I go to OSU, I would have liked the ending a little better if it went the other way. If only both of those two-point conversions would have worked out, it may have been a different story. But they didnt, and it was still a great game. The Fiesta Bowl committee has a real act for picking teams that will produce a great game.

Members don't see this ad :)
To the OP, yes it is possible to get in with out pharmacy experience. I have one friend who just started in 2008 and she did not have experience.

Also, it was still a great game. Of course, as I go to OSU, I would have liked the ending a little better if it went the other way. If only both of those two-point conversions would have worked out, it may have been a different story. But they didnt, and it was still a great game. The Fiesta Bowl committee has a real act for picking teams that will produce a great game.

thanks....so she is at OSU? Does she feel as though she is at a disadvantage in terms of the curriculum because of lack of experience?

thx

ohio state sucks! :D

:horns:

No matter how you look at it, UT lucked out against the Buckeyes. I personaly don't care for either teams, but I have to say Ohio State was the better team at the Fiesta Bowl. Against the run, UT had absolutely no answer. And the passing game in the Big12 is completely overrated because they haven't faced an opponent with a decent pass defense so far. Even you have to admit Ohio St. had the Longhorns down at their knees until the last minute of the game.

Besides, we all know the Big 12 has absolutely no defensive game what-so-ever (which is why their numbers are so bloated). Either Longhorns or Sooners would get throttled at the BCS bowl against more balanced teams like Alabama, Florida, Utah, or USC.

It's a shame there is no playoff to expose the likes of the Big12

Last edited:
No matter how you look at it, UT lucked out against the Buckeyes. I personaly don't care for either teams, but I have to say Ohio State was the better team at the Fiesta Bowl. Against the run, UT had absolutely no answer. And the passing game in the Big12 is completely overrated because they haven't faced an opponent with a decent pass defense so far. Even you have to admit Ohio St. had the Longhorns down at their knees until the last minute of the game.

Besides, we all know the Big 12 has absolutely no defensive game what-so-ever (which is why their numbers are so bloated). Either Longhorns or Sooners would get throttled at the BCS bowl against more balanced teams like Alabama, Florida, Utah, or USC.

It's a shame there is no playoff to expose the likes of the Big12

Oooo, so much to choose from.

First of all, I don't know why everyone keeps saying UT was lucky at the end against Ohio St. Again, the spot on that 4th down play was proven by replay, not a blown call. They drove down the field, and against this vaunted pass defense you are claiming Ohio St. has, threw a touchdown on a simple slant route.

I will give you that Wells was running over Texas in that first half, but like he always does, pussed out in the end and didn't play much in the second half, so thats pretty much a wasted effort.

And please don't throw Alabama and Utah in the same sentence as teams that would throttle UT or Oklahoma when Bama was clearly out-played by Utah.

All in all good game. Glad my team won :D

Oooo, so much to choose from.

First of all, I don't know why everyone keeps saying UT was lucky at the end against Ohio St. Again, the spot on that 4th down play was proven by replay, not a blown call. They drove down the field, and against this vaunted pass defense you are claiming Ohio St. has, threw a touchdown on a simple slant route.

I will give you that Wells was running over Texas in that first half, but like he always does, pussed out in the end and didn't play much in the second half, so thats pretty much a wasted effort.

And please don't throw Alabama and Utah in the same sentence as teams that would throttle UT or Oklahoma when Bama was clearly out-played by Utah.

All in all good game. Glad my team won :D

hey hey hey... who said anything about 4th down:confused:? anyway... you KNOW that 4th down play was a lucky catch:smuggrin:. come on, put your pride aside... as a sports fan even you have to admit you held your breath at the end of that last quarter (against a Big 10 team no less).

Wells was pretty much the only decent runner in that team. How do you think UT would do against a team with more depth at the running game (oh, let's say tailback U., for example)?

after all is said and done, let's just be glad UT vs. OSU was an exciting Fiesta Bowl to watch:soexcited:(It could had been boring... OSU could had been throttled like usual in BCS appearances:sleep:). Perhaps not as sexy as a USC vs. UT scenario, but highly competitive nonetheless.

hey hey hey... who said anything about 4th down:confused:? anyway... you KNOW that 4th down play was a lucky catch:smuggrin:. come on, put your pride aside... as a sports fan even you have to admit you held your breath at the end of that last quarter (against a Big 10 team no less).

Wells was pretty much the only decent runner in that team. How do you think UT would do against a team with more depth at the running game (oh, let's say tailback U., for example)?

after all is said and done, let's just be glad UT vs. OSU was an exciting Fiesta Bowl to watch:soexcited:(It could had been boring... OSU could had been throttled like usual in BCS appearances:sleep:). Perhaps not as sexy as a USC vs. UT scenario, but highly competitive nonetheless.

You're right a UT vs. USC would have been an awesome matchup. I'm not taking anything away from Ohio St. though because they played great.

What I'm saying is Texas played bad in the first half but didn't get "lucky" to win the game. They are a much better team than Ohio St. and were just that much better at the end. Of course I was holding my breath (along with yelling, cussing, etc.) because they didn't do anything to prove they should be co-champs.

thanks....so she is at OSU? Does she feel as though she is at a disadvantage in terms of the curriculum because of lack of experience?

Well she is only a quarter deep into the program, so she hasnt really had anything so far that may hinder her from being at a disadvantage.

ffpickle - I'm a first year student at Ohio State and I know of a few people in our class of 134 that have no pharmacy experience whatsoever. I don't know their credentials but I don't think they're at any disadvantage. If you're a good student overall and I can learn what profs lecture to you, you should be fine. The first year is more science whereas the second and third year are more pharm practice so it may hurt you later. However, we're required to complete a 20 hour rotation in a hospital pharmacy and a 60 hour rotation in a retail pharmacy during the first year so you should be fine after those.

Lastly, here's a rough breakdown of the stats shared to us by Student Affairs about our class - about 20 had 2 or more years of experience, about 60 had at least 1 year, and about 100 had 6+ months of experience. Those are rough estimates; I don't remember exactly but the majority of students have between 6 months to 1.5 years of experience with around 20-30 with less than 6 months experience. I had 7 months in a hospital pharmacy as a volunteer.

Hope this helps.

ffpickle - I'm a first year student at Ohio State and I know of a few people in our class of 134 that have no pharmacy experience whatsoever. I don't know their credentials but I don't think they're at any disadvantage. If you're a good student overall and I can learn what profs lecture to you, you should be fine. The first year is more science whereas the second and third year are more pharm practice so it may hurt you later. However, we're required to complete a 20 hour rotation in a hospital pharmacy and a 60 hour rotation in a retail pharmacy during the first year so you should be fine after those.

Lastly, here's a rough breakdown of the stats shared to us by Student Affairs about our class - about 20 had 2 or more years of experience, about 60 had at least 1 year, and about 100 had 6+ months of experience. Those are rough estimates; I don't remember exactly but the majority of students have between 6 months to 1.5 years of experience with around 20-30 with less than 6 months experience. I had 7 months in a hospital pharmacy as a volunteer.

Hope this helps.

Hey CaptainCurl03, u are the first OSU tied person who doesn't refer to your school as THE Ohio State University. Haha... i just thought that was interesting.

anyway, back to the original question... typically when you apply to any program, it is always highly recommended for you to have experience in the field. you wouldnt hire someone with clown experience to run your spread offense now, would you?

At least Ohio State got to two BCS championships in a row. Where was USC? Oh yeah they lost to Stanford. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

And if Texas was THAT great, they would have opened strong and stayed that way the whole game... not won the game with 16 seconds left on a last ditch effort by 3 points.

before coming to osu i've had no ties with ohio or the university, i've never even been to the state before my interview so i'm not exactly a buckeye by definition. i'm sure i will be by the time i graduate but you don't just become one overnight. also, i never really understood the THE in front of the ohio state university - seems silly to me. i think i remember hearing that the point is to distinguish it as the flagship university since there are actually 10 or so ohio state universities in ohio.

back to the question though. you are generalizing. pharmacy school is not a job, it's a school so they don't care as much about your experience as a job setting would. over the course of 4 years at ohio state you will have an absolutely ton of experience before you apply for your job in the end so it's not really a major concern to the admissions committee. it definitely is points against you if you don't have any experience because you've got to wonder how the applicant came to choose pharmacy as their future profession, but all they really want to see is at least a few months so you know what you're getting yourself into and are making the right decision for your life.

pharmacy experience is key in applications don't get me wrong, but yes it is definitely possible to get into pharmacy school without it. if you don't have any experience, start volunteering or something even during the interview process (RIGHT NOW) so you can at least bring it up in the interview - they will like to see that you are being proactive and that you recognize that you need to fill that gap in your application.

At least Ohio State got to two BCS championships in a row. Where was USC? Oh yeah they lost to Stanford. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

And if Texas was THAT great, they would have opened strong and stayed that way the whole game... not won the game with 16 seconds left on a last ditch effort by 3 points.

(I wasn't going to say anything , but then you HAD to bring up USC?) Okay, let's do this. OSU got to two BCS champs in a row, which is great and all considering USC's BCS record in the past decade is 6-1 with two consecutive national titles, while OSU is 2-3 with two consecutive embarassing attempts at a national title. The same USC that lost to Stanford also beat the likes of Michigan, Illinois, Auburn, Oklahoma, Ohio St, Arkansas, ND, Penn St, etc. Any sports fan has got to at least recognize that USC can hang with the big boys.

(I wasn't going to say anything , but then you HAD to bring up USC?) Okay, let's do this. OSU got to two BCS champs in a row, which is great and all considering USC's BCS record in the past decade is 6-1 with two consecutive national titles, while OSU is 2-3 with two consecutive embarassing attempts at a national title. The same USC that lost to Stanford also beat the likes of Michigan, Illinois, Auburn, Oklahoma, Ohio St, Arkansas, ND, Penn St, etc. Any sports fan has got to at least recognize that USC can hang with the big boys.

But they can't hang with the little boys. Hence they probably won't be in the national championship within the next few years. USC is the NY Yankees of college football. Huge payroll but doesn't win the World Series.

before coming to osu i've had no ties with ohio or the university, i've never even been to the state before my interview so i'm not exactly a buckeye by definition. i'm sure i will be by the time i graduate but you don't just become one overnight. also, i never really understood the THE in front of the ohio state university - seems silly to me. i think i remember hearing that the point is to distinguish it as the flagship university since there are actually 10 or so ohio state universities in ohio.

About a decade or so ago OU (Ohio University) copyrighted their name. As by copyright law, you can only use the same words in a title/name if 50% or more of those words are different than that of the copyright. So by adding "The" to "Ohio State University" it then became legal to keep the name of their school without having to completely change it.

But they can't hang with the little boys. Hence they probably won't be in the national championship within the next few years. USC is the NY Yankees of college football. Huge payroll but doesn't win the World Series.

so who do you suggest will win? The Ohio St. Univ?

so who do you suggest will win? The Ohio St. Univ?

Not likely, especially now that Beanie Wells declared for the NFL draft. We will need another major offensive weapon as Pryor gets better, and some others develop to take the place of our huge defensive losses from Laurinaitis and Jenkins.

Not likely, especially now that Beanie Wells declared for the NFL draft. We will need another major offensive weapon as Pryor gets better, and some others develop to take the place of our huge defensive losses from Laurinaitis and Jenkins.

Yea alot of help for next year. Losing everybody will hurt.

At least Oklahoma lost last night. What a big suck they are.