Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thesaug

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if someone could tell me how long it took to get an interview invite from OSU once your application was complete?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

for me it took them about 4-5 weeks. They will let you know through status page online. I already went there for interview so if you have any question just pm me.

Members don't see this ad :)
they were really fast, just a couple weeks for interview invite and acceptance. the staff is really helpful btw.

I got my Ohio State invitation about two weeks after my august mcat score was released. of course, I'm a resident, so that may be part of the reason I received it so quickly.

My interview invte came two weeks after I completed my secondary. However, my status since the interview on Oct 1. has been 'decision pending.' I'm getting discouraged (I posted this on the Ohio Applicants thread too), does anyone know how OSU's waitlist works? :confused:

if you look at USNews, OSU has one of the higher admit/interview ratios. if you get an interview, you have a really good chance of getting in. its somewhere around 400/600

Lcm 888,

I was just taken from the "status pending" status to "accepted." I interviewed October 30th"ish." What they do is have a "Top 40." The top 40 candidates that they interviewed and did not accept immediatly, are reviewed at the end of each month. I updated my file with transcripts and a letter of voluntter activities that I did last fall. I sent the update in mid-jan and was accpeted the first week in Feb.

AIM: Rocpen321

Best,
Rocco

Rocco,

Thanks for the info, at first I was too timid to call and flat out ask how it worked, so I talked to someone in the office who reassured me and it turned out I was accepted a little while after the post. I should've updated, but I didn't have any info about the process that would help anyone! Anyway, just out of curiosity, what do you think of OSU? It's been my top choice, so I feel like I'm most probably going there, but I want to see how other people feel about it. Anyone else feel free to respond as well.

lcm

Ohio State is an excellent school. I am torn between several schools, but out of thoe ones I am already accepted too, Ohio State is my #1.

Got to run to class!!!

Rocco

My status just changed too from "decision pending" to "accepted". Making decision is going to be even harder now.