ohio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Everyone having fun yet? ;)
So today our tour guide told our group we have a reading assignment and a video to watch for anatomy that's already posted on Carmen but when I sign in all I see is the stuff that's been there for the last 2 weeks, no indication of new assignments. Also on myCVM we're supposed to be able to see our schedules including class times but every time I pull up my weekly calendar it's blank though it shows I'm enrolled in all the classes. Are other people having this problem too or am I just special in having my page wig out (it did this for fin-aid too so it might just be me).

Lastly, is anyone enrolled in any electives? Where do we find the list of which ones we can take and how do we sign up? For upperclassmen, do you recommend doing any first quarter or should we just wait to see how things go first?

Thanks :D By the way it's been cool finally meeting sdners!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey There,

So just to clarify for the new first years. There is no video, and I know which tour guide you mean and I don't believe he said that. Also there is a reading. It was on Carmen last year I believe.

I believe it is page 1-18(1-19) and 18-20(19-22). The page numbers in parentheses are for the 5th edition, non-parentheses are for the 6th edition of the Miller's Guide to the Dissection of the Dog. It is really helpful for your first day!

And yes, David594 is correct about how to get to the website for your schedule.

I personally would recommend not taking any electives your first quarter and see how you do first. You can only take Pet Loss anyways (same as Animal loss support hotline), and no electives beyond that are available until spring quarter anyway.

I hope this helps and that you are having fun!