Ohsu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

btowngirl

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
every so often i like to post a thread asking if anyone knows about people on hold post-interview at ohsu. so here goes again...

any news recently? anyone know when we might get an actual decision about acceptance, waitlist or rejection?

Members don't see this ad.

btowngirl said:
every so often i like to post a thread asking if anyone knows about people on hold post-interview at ohsu. so here goes again...

any news recently? anyone know when we might get an actual decision about acceptance, waitlist or rejection?

I interviewed the first week of February and I still havent heard back yet.

For those on hold, do they wait till the end of interviews in April before making decisions? (I actually have an interview at the end of March)

Members don't see this ad :)
i interviewed feb. 15 and have not heard back yet. boooo. i don't know about the hold thing. i assume we're put on hold until sometime in april.

chubisk said:
i interviewed feb. 15 and have not heard back yet. boooo. i don't know about the hold thing. i assume we're put on hold until sometime in april.
just wanted to say I like your signature -- love that book :thumbup:

okay so i finally found out from ohsu that i'm in the "hold category". looks like at latest we hear by may 15th (ummm... seems a bit late). i hope i hear sooner than that. let me know if any of you "holders" out there hear back. :luck:

chubisk said:
okay so i finally found out from ohsu that i'm in the "hold category". looks like at latest we hear by may 15th (ummm... seems a bit late). i hope i hear sooner than that. let me know if any of you "holders" out there hear back. :luck:

When did you interview?

Hi, this is just to let you know that I received an acceptance letter from OHSU this week (I was away M-thursday so don't know exact date). I applied to the MD/MPH program, looks like I am on hold for that, but am accepted for the MD program. I interviewed Jan 5, I think. I plan to go elsewhere and am withdrawing, but I know people are wondering what is happening, so wanted to lets folks know. I think OHSU is a great school, and I wish you all the best! Feel free to PM me or post questions here if you want addl details about the letter.

AMBS- i interviewed on february 15th and got the letter about five weeks to the day saying i was in the hold category.

Cheerful- were you put in the hold category first for the MD program or were you accepted after 2.5 month wait? congrats on your acceptance even though you're headed elsewhere!

chubisk said:
AMBS- i interviewed on february 15th and got the letter about five weeks to the day saying i was in the hold category.

Cheerful- were you put in the hold category first for the MD program or were you accepted after 2.5 month wait? congrats on your acceptance even though you're headed elsewhere!

maybe I wasn't put on hold first b/c I am out of state? Or maybe because of applying for the MD/MPH? Note that the letter says I am NOW on hold for the MD/MPH program, but goes on to stress that I have a spot in the MD program regardless of the outcome of the MD/MPH appllication.

The only thing I received in the 2.5 mos was the Dr. Stull "all of these things might happen with your MD/MPH app" email that others have discusssed on tho this thread, and a financial aid app that clearly stated it was no indication of my acceptance status.

Hope this all helps. Thanks for the congrats!

Cheerfulgrrl said:
Hi, this is just to let you know that I received an acceptance letter from OHSU this week (I was away M-thursday so don't know exact date). I applied to the MD/MPH program, looks like I am on hold for that, but am accepted for the MD program. I interviewed Jan 5, I think. I plan to go elsewhere and am withdrawing, but I know people are wondering what is happening, so wanted to lets folks know. I think OHSU is a great school, and I wish you all the best! Feel free to PM me or post questions here if you want addl details about the letter.

The MPH program is reducing the number of new students for next year.

For those of you making like stress monkeys, I know that interviews are still happening because I am talking to perspective students at lunch this Tuesday.

I got the same letter Cheerful got this week. I'd e-mailed Dr. Stull a couple of weeks ago to see what was going on, and he'd said that the office was a little behind and that the person who handles sending out accept/reject/hold letters had been out of the office for more than a week with a sick kid. She's back now, so hopefully all of you who are still waiting will be getting letters soon too! :luck:

bjackrian said:
I got the same letter Cheerful got this week. I'd e-mailed Dr. Stull a couple of weeks ago to see what was going on, and he'd said that the office was a little behind and that the person who handles sending out accept/reject/hold letters had been out of the office for more than a week with a sick kid. She's back now, so hopefully all of you who are still waiting will be getting letters soon too! :luck:

Have you decided where you're going to go?

I interviewed at OHSU on 3.3, and I really liked it. Do you guys think it would help to send in a letter of interest?

bjackrian said:

I interviewed at OHSU on 3.3, and I really liked it. Do you guys think it would help to send in a letter of interest?

Ambs said:

Of the schools I've been accepted at, OHSU is my top choice. I'm on the waitlist at GWU, Duke, and Mayo, though, and I think I'd prefer any of those.

As for a letter of interest, I don't see how it could hurt. I believe they offer most acceptances in April, so don't lose hope yet!

i interviewed for the MD/PhD program at OHSU on 1/3/05. looong time ago. i found out sometime early feb that i was accepted to the MD program, but have not heard about the combined.

is anyone else in this position?