ok guise should i retake or not

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wow Strong Armz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
before the August deadline so sorry for making another thread. i know there is already one. i got my score today and got an 85 composite, lowest score is verbal with a 63

verbal 63
reading 87
math 73
chemistry 92
biology 80

composite 85%, 3 on both essays. my GPA is 3.4

this was my second time retaking it first time i got a 70
verbal 20%
reading 30%
math 87%
chem 70%
bio 80%

so do i stand a chance or should i retake and try to score in the high 90s. thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I think you are fine, it's just that your PCAT is average to schools. Quite presentable.

Please keep the analysis requests to the Wow thread. Thanks.:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Verbal, i took a latin course during the spring semster, memorized all the kaplan words they told me to take. reading followed kaplans stradgey

What was the kaplan strategy? I took their course but it was a one day lecture on reading comprehension that did not help much.

if i got those scores ill be very happy...and ..asking the same question u r sooo...try to take it again if u want but those r good scores :thumbup:

Wowstrong,

With your gpa and overall pcat composite and chem scores, I don't think it's worth a retake. You'll probably be more toward the middle of the pack regarding PCAT and GPA, but if you do well on the interview, I think you'll just be fine. Don't forget that the application/selection process isn't just completely dependent on your PCAT score. More and more schools are beginning to take a holistic approach to the admissions process, looking at all aspects of the applicant (including experience, community service, GPA, etc). Best of luck!

here is mine pcat score
verbal 78
reading 25
quan 95
chemistry 87
bio 85
conposit 83
pls give me suggestion!!!!:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Pcat master, i see the reading as a problem on alot of people and the most common problem is setting a pace and not falling into the traps that many tests have where they ask one hard question and people just sit there.

My recommendation, start doing more reading everyday rather it be magazines, newspapers, or novels! Get your speed up. Study latin roots as they will help tremendously on both reading and verbal.

When it comes to the test, on reading, read the questions first and catagorize them either mentally or by making marks into recall (where it asks specific lines or sections from the reading) or Comprhension (questions pertaining to the subject in whole, etc). Answer the recall as you read, then do a quick re-read after you finish those and do the Comprehension. That method has yet failed me and got a 36 in reading on the ACT and put my SAT score in the high 1500's (old SAT).