ok, one silly question about the Western/COMP secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

that dr. jack

Captain Bringdown
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
on those NUMEROUS essays, it says "please double space", you can type on the page, but it only looks single spaced. ya think it's cool for me to write it as it is designed, or do i have to double space that crap?

(sorry dudes, i'm starting to sound like a pre-allo with OCD)

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by that dr. jack
on those NUMEROUS essays, it says "please double space", you can type on the page, but it only looks single spaced. ya think it's cool for me to write it as it is designed, or do i have to double space that crap?

(sorry dudes, i'm starting to sound like a pre-allo with OCD)

I just cut and pasted on the PDF file.

So when does the adcom at COMP meet to decide. I think they told me they would meet wednesday which was yesterday. I NEED AN ACCEPTANCE FROM COMP!!!!

On a side note, I think it is funny how first I needed a secondary, then I needed an interview, and now i need an acceptance. This crazy process...:cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
They're talking about us Slick...going over our app deciding whether or not we are COMP worthy! Then they vote on us....man, how crazy is that. I wonder if they're passing around the polaroid they took of me and me smiling like a backwoods lunatic? We'll know by next week. :D

Originally posted by Slickness
So when does the adcom at COMP meet to decide. I think they told me they would meet wednesday which was yesterday. I NEED AN ACCEPTANCE FROM COMP!!!!

On a side note, I think it is funny how first I needed a secondary, then I needed an interview, and now i need an acceptance. This crazy process...:cool:

say if, and that is a highly unlikely if, you dont get in to COMP wouldn't it make it easier on you in terms of deciding where to go?
I just thought of that cuz the friend I was telling you about expressed to me that he wished he didnt get accepted to COMP which made his life a tid bit more difficult.
just a thought :p

I have been in your shoes this past week. I had my interview on Tuesday last week and the next day(Wendsday) would be the day that they told me that they would have their "meeting." I waited all week this week and finally called them today after nothing came in the mail. They told me that the letter is arriving tomorrow, which is Friday.

Therefore, most likely you will get your letter the Friday of the following week after the Wendsday that they "meet."

In other words, it's next Friday for you :)

I really like COMP... I wish good luck to everyone.

Kimi

o hohoho, here's the funny thing that happened since i asked for that advice:

my computer crashed so hard that i lost everything in my western supplemental. i was ONE BLOODY LINE away from finishing it and having the paragarphs all nifty. now i am back to square one, and i lost, what , only four and a half hours.

i am absolutely sure my essay would have gotten me in because it was so completely brilliant, and now i am struggling to get back those previous keystrokes of genius. all because of a supposedly sweet new hard drive that was bigger and faster and shinier than my old one. my husband must die now.

i am the growl that homer simpson lets out when mr. burns forgets who he is for the millionth time.

hey kimi,

are you on the east coast? cause i am and i too am anxiously waiting on a letter from comp. i interviewed the friday before you so i'm probably in that same batch of letters. good luck to you=)

Yes I'm on the East Coast and yes I think you are in the same batch with me :) Good luck to you too.

Originally posted by kimiwadare
I have been in your shoes this past week. I had my interview on Tuesday last week and the next day(Wendsday) would be the day that they told me that they would have their "meeting." I waited all week this week and finally called them today after nothing came in the mail. They told me that the letter is arriving tomorrow, which is Friday.

Therefore, most likely you will get your letter the Friday of the following week after the Wendsday that they "meet."

In other words, it's next Friday for you :)

I really like COMP... I wish good luck to everyone.

Kimi
I hope not I interviewed last Friday which was just a couple of days after you interviewed. I can't imagine why they wouldn't just get to my file as well. I hope I get my letter tomorrow also.

Anyways if I don't get accepted I guess it would be an easier decision but I want to get accepted because I'm leaning toward COMP.