ok to go on vacation for a few weeks???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

geese

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So now that I've submitted my app and waiting for IV's. I have the opportunity to go on vacation for maybe 2-3 weeks.

Just wanted to know if this is advisable and ok? I would have access to internet there and would have 3g on my blackberry so I can receive and respond to e-mails promptly regarding IV's.

What do you guy's think?

Members don't see this ad.

So now that I've submitted my app and waiting for IV's. I have the opportunity to go on vacation for maybe 2-3 weeks.

Just wanted to know if this is advisable and ok? I would have access to internet there and would have 3g on my blackberry so I can receive and respond to e-mails promptly regarding IV's.

What do you guy's think?

I would say the only issue is that some programs might only provide a call back number (or prefer phone calls) to schedule interviews. Definitely not the majority but still enough that I might be concerned that one of my top programs might be in there. Also, you never know what might come up in regards to your ERAS or something.

However, take this with a grain of salt. I was a little neurotic during interview season. It's a tough call. Well-deserved vacation is tempting.

If you think you could relax while getting IV calls, I see no problem. It's hard to know how many calls you;ll get in the next 2 weeks, since MSPE's come out on Oct 1.

I would say the only issue is that some programs might only provide a call back number (or prefer phone calls) to schedule interviews. Definitely not the majority but still enough that I might be concerned that one of my top programs might be in there. Also, you never know what might come up in regards to your ERAS or something.

However, take this with a grain of salt. I was a little neurotic during interview season. It's a tough call. Well-deserved vacation is tempting.

I'm split 50/50 on if I should go or not for the reasons you mentioned. Thanks for your input

If you think you could relax while getting IV calls, I see no problem. It's hard to know how many calls you;ll get in the next 2 weeks, since MSPE's come out on Oct 1.

That's true. Thanks for your help!

Oh I was assuming you'd be out of the country without the ability to make calls. If you can make/receive phone calls, then there shouldn't be a problem.

OF COURSE YOU SHOULD GO ON VACATION!

Check your email.

And then check your voicemail.

And use a phone.

?!?!?!?!

OF COURSE!!!