Okami WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Day 3: It Takes Two to Tango Tally

Lawpy (6)
- Sporty, zuri, genny, Cray, True, fluff
genny ()
Sporty (1) - AM

7/8

Missing: @Lawpy

Vote closes TODAY at 9 p.m. CST/10 p.m. EST (~2.5 hours?)
tango-gif.358678

Cycle closed.

guys, I just wanted to eat my goddamn dinner after a long day, not get summoned to the thread because of the toxicity here.

i truly think if this is what WW has become, I’m done. WW is supposed to be fun and I feel the joy is gone.

Consider the thread closed until further notice, if I could lock it I would. Out of respect, please do not post.

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hold for official closing post. Consider the thread still locked in your imagination.

Roster

1. @justafluff was Kasugami, Veil of Mist
2. @WorthlessOxygen was Icestorm
3. @Animal Midwife was Nuregami, Watersprout
4. @genny was Kabegami, Catwalk
5. @Crayola227 was Moegami, Inferno
6. @Zenge142 was Hanagami, Greensprout
7. @WildZoo was Yumigami, Crescent

8. @Viscernable --> @Lawpy was Demon Bomb
9. @zuriburi was Tachigami, Power Slash
11. @Truenamer was Yomigami, Rejuvenation
12. @samac was Gekigami, Thunderstorm

14. @SportPonies was Hellstorm

Massive thank you to @kaydubs for handling tallies and generally being a wonderful co-mod for baby mod me. Thank you to everyone who signed up to give this game the minimum number of players to run.
Huge shout-out to @Lawpy for subbing in to a sinking ship and going out swinging. Impressive commitment!
Also notable commemoration for @zuriburi for being one heck of a talented new player. Outstanding job.

Thanks to everyone who gave this a go.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
I’m sorry for peacing out
Fwiw Lawpy I was totally giving you a pass on the Visc sus. I think if perhaps you had focussed on just, genny or zuri you might have had more luck. Although I think going after me for a misyeet was a reasonable choice as well.

Thank you for subbing into a tough game.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
When I got the notification i’m stepping in as a wolf, I wanted to use this game as an experiment to test the bussing strategy that I have been pushing for repeatedly. I personally don’t bus as you can see when I didn’t bother to even vote. But i’m completely willing to engage in theatrical performances on the thread and have my packmates bus me. So my plan actually was to get yeeted and I went as insane and irrational as possible combined with the repeated insistence on the Woxy bussing theory to trap the village in as much WIFOM as possible, while getting Sporty as effectively hardcleared as possible

The only one who saw through the act was AM, and honestly I should’ve doubled down and probably even try to gaslight AM but that’s unnecessarily draining especially since the plan was to nightkill AM anyways.

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
I had a strategy in place even though i knew i was going down and didn’t want to keep elaborating the next day to avoid accidentally exposing Sporty
i think it was a solid strategy, probably the best thing you could have done in that situation.

...but i'm not sorry it didn't work ;)

Reactions: 3 users
When I got the notification i’m stepping in as a wolf, I wanted to use this game as an experiment to test the bussing strategy that I have been pushing for repeatedly. I personally don’t bus as you can see when I didn’t bother to even vote. But i’m completely willing to engage in theatrical performances on the thread and have my packmates bus me. So my plan actually was to get yeeted and I went as insane and irrational as possible combined with the repeated insistence on the Woxy bussing theory to trap the village in as much WIFOM as possible, while getting Sporty as effectively hardcleared as possible

The only one who saw through the act was AM, and honestly I should’ve doubled down and probably even try to gaslight AM but that’s unnecessarily draining especially since the plan was to nightkill AM anyways.
*stares at my reads list with sporty on top that never got referenced again*

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Would have been interesting to see how that was gonna play out. Zenge called Sporty's first vote on Vis a bus and we (the three of us dead villagers) were in general agreement on her so dead chat was not swayed, but you know, that's why we were dead lol

Reactions: 1 users
@zuriburi you did a great job turning your efforts around after D1. Even if the analyses weren't always right, you did really well at showing your thought processes in a way that made it easier for people to see you as village, even the people you were casing. Good work.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Now...
This is not how I wanted my first game to go, and I'm very disappointed in how things turned out. Wolves, good job continuing to fight even though all three of you were in the POE early. Village, awesome job sniffing them out. Mountainous games tend to be wolf-sided at default but everyone played a great game here.
Also, happy birthday to @SportPonies, who was doing a phenomenal job planting WIFOM seeds every which way. Sowing seeds of doubt like it's Stardew Valley.
The reason this ended is because I do not have the mental or emotional energy to police people right now. Me and @kaydubs shouldn't need to be babysitters.
If you cannot play this game without taking mention of strategy as a personal attack, do not play this game. There are multiple ways to play it and no one strategy is more correct than another. What we need to do is respect different ways of playing.
Seriously, if you feel like most of the posts are upsetting you, then it's probably better to not sign up. I'm not going to have multiple players say they want to take a break because of one particular person. That isn't fair and that makes it less fun.
So all that being said, if I ever run another game (which I'm not sure will happen at this point), @Crayola227, do not sign up. I'm not going to add you to the roster.
Make good choices. Take deep breaths.

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
@zuriburi you did a great job turning your efforts around after D1. Even if the analyses weren't always right, you did really well at showing your thought processes in a way that made it easier for people to see you as village, even the people you were casing. Good work.
Zuri you really did! You were spewing so much on thread you turned my mind right around. Ask your wife, that’s not easy to do.

I’m very sorry @potentialsheltervet and i hope you will run more WW games going forward

I’m using this experience as a lesson learned to never peace out again
I've found it best to rap when you're backed into a corner

• Haha

You would totally have fooled me. I know AM was on Sporty but I was so convinced that the game would end after we yeeted you. It would have been really hard to misyeet others but you did try your best so thank you for keeping the disguise, taking on a lot of blame and helping the game run one more day!

*stares at my reads list with sporty on top that never got referenced again*
I was super fooled by the consistent sus from sporty on visc which in retrospect was a pretty clear bus
Season 5 Whatever GIF by Paramount+

• Care
I was super fooled by the consistent sus from sporty on visc which in retrospect was a pretty clear bus
Season 5 Whatever GIF by Paramount+
Hope you join us again soon. It's very cool that you were able to self-clear like that even though you hadn't played a full game before.

Thanks! Part of me was still hoping True was playing a WILD wolf game for the Validation. Lol every single one of my pushes was dead wrong except for lawpy’s which was I tentionally wolfy.

• Care
  • Haha
Thanks! Part of me was still hoping True was playing a WILD wolf game for the Validation. Lol every single one of my pushes was dead wrong except for lawpy’s which was I tentionally wolfy.
That this was the case and you were still turning people’s reads on you around in a positive way is impressive and speaks well to the process you were showing in your posts. :biglove:

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
“I realize this whole bussing argument is really going nowhere and the idea that the wolves would be 2 of the first votes on their packmate on d1 and d2 might be a long shot, so maybe I’ll shift gears and push for the only other misyeet option on the board outside of the woxy vote”
Lol I stepped on this like a rake.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I think after 8…games I might have for the first time been correctly pinged by all 3 wolves if you exclude my D1 argument with AM

• Love
Everyone has their game where they learn about bussing and hellbussing. Mine was Pirate Basics. Yours was this one. Now you know what to be wary of in future games.
Oh hmm I wonder what mine was
The first was probably eons ago, but tbh OWWlympics will stick with me for a long time

Oh hmm I wonder what mine was
The first was probably eons ago, but tbh OWWlympics will stick with me for a long time
All I know is mine occurred before Smash because I was very concerned about a potential bussing interaction in that game.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
All I know is mine occurred before Smash because I was very concerned about a potential bussing interaction in that game.
Shufflin' taught me that you can never assume wolves have read their role PMs

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Everyone has their game where they learn about bussing and hellbussing. Mine was Pirate Basics. Yours was this one. Now you know what to be wary of in future games.
Glad to be of service in traumatizing multiple generations of players

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
The idea of being surprised by bussing is just so foreign to me.

7DA86B2F-EB4E-495E-8B65-65B6383D8929.jpeg

22A933DA-93D8-40B7-B5BB-9E68F667D900.jpeg

• Haha
  • Love
  • Wow
suddenly i want finger tats. can i see patients if my hands say dick wolf?
Sure, just don't get the order flipped around! I'd be concerned if a vet I was seeing had "wolf dick" tattooed anywhere.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users