Okami WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also when you’re mentioning past wolf games, you’re known to pull off crazy wolfing strategies even in D1 itself, even when you’re busy or away by planning out ahead (see notably the Pirates D1 manuever). You might in fact be privately noting down the D1 vote progression in this current game and planned accordingly. This isn’t really out of the ordinary

Members don't see this ad.

Also isn’t the Lupins rule literally just based on pure numbers? That at least can have more objective and grounded statistical backing with relatively good accuracy (at least so far that’s been tracked).
I stand by the fact that villagers and wolves behave differently regarding D1 salt votes.

It also gave me something to discuss with WZ and led to interactions with TN and Zuri.

Lawpy I've been saying those D1 vote styles are wolfy for years. Now what. *Mike drop*
How can those vote styles be wolfy is my question

You’re trying to assert that because wolves can hide behind these styles, those styles are by their nature wolfy, which isn’t true and has a high chance of failure

Members don't see this ad :)
Then explain your paranoia reads as outlined earlier
I noted in my mod PM that I had paranoia of samac but didn't have the energy to voice it on thread. Of course, then later in a stream of consciousness response prompted by someone else posting, I did. But I made sure to be explicit that I was in fact reading AM and Samac as village based on tone and whatever else. But that it was a huge leap of trust for me to put aside my paranoia and trust my read.

Anyway, later we will all see that it is 100% true that while village reading samac and voting in blocc with her and AM, I expressed some paranoia sus (because eventually we will know everyone's aff when game ends, proving my statements). And doing it by mod PM means that the paranoia was real yet I also intended to try to keep it from interfering with the game.

Sure, I couldn't help myself in expressing some doubt and didn't leave it there. This was before the Woxy flip of course, so I reserve the right that before that I had some back of mind worries about like an AM samac pack. You guys forget that I experienced goats (and did have a wolf read on them) but I also did not experience the next time they wolfed together.

Because it's often my luck that I decide to work against my instincts the very game that doing so is exactly wrong. There was a game sunny wolfed and also did not wolf that are examples of that in action.

Explain soothingly
I have already mentioned numerous times, why I had a village read on genny. But I also said many times I was worried I was white knighted/pocketed by her.

Similar vein with SP, I had concerns about being white knignted/pocketed. Admittedly, it doesn't take much with my persecution complex to feel championed or supported in even the tiniest ways, like hmm or like reacts.

Same with Fluff who had taken my side in the Am/me thing earlier.

That forms the basis of my paranoia. This is probably why I don't blocc well. As soon as I village read someone and they village read me back or show other signs of cooperation it feels too good to be true and I freak out.

See, the game that was lost with Sunny 😞

TN I have said seems different than his last wolf game. Not sure what he has done specifically this game that made me paranoid anymore. I would have to go back and look. My memory isn't amazing that way, and we are now living in a post woxy flip world anyway and that changes things, like the likelihood of TN wolfing imo.

Who else did I list? It's not quited right here as I type for yoy

Very much an aside but Lupin's rule is totally just statistics given the size of the average game.
There is a logical rationale behind it, that said, doesn't mean it is better than stats. But, like the symmetrical reads list or salt vote, things that make you look closer at certain players can end up revealing more useful tells.

I feel like you’re trying to deflect the vote absence on situational factors and stating you’d be surprised of any ties without any tallies in sight, when really for the time you’ve been on, you already got an idea on what to do and just chose to hedge at the end to avoid the scrutiny. You’d been following the posts and votes in the last hour of D1 so this isn’t really a surprise
This doesn't really make sense or sound like wolf genny

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
And since there are noobs here, to be clear:

I don’t condone ending on a tie, BUT I probably would be making a tie here if I could to watch vote movement afterwards. Ties are great for analysis.

I don’t recommend allowing RNG and Kaydubs to decide who dies.
… Sporty pls this is wolfy

• Okay...
Reactions: 1 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
How? New wolves can powerwolf too especially given zuris’s knowledge of past games
Lawpy you're starting to sound like me with all the sus getting thrown around.

I mean, keep at it. I think ultimately it will useful.

• Haha
How? Did you recall the Pirates game? genny has demonstrated keen awareness of the game and has shown to plan ahead
She does but what she has done this game doesn't feel like that. And what you're saying about her avoiding scrutiny.... her vote behavior has done exactly not that.

I'm starting to lean to a Lawpy/Visc vote. If by some chance you are village, then I would probably think it more reasonable to look more closely at genny, SP, and Zuri. But they are not top of my list atm.

#### vote Lawpy ####

Is Lawpy the last wolf? Really interested to see if there is a partner and how they handle this situation.

Unless AM does not approve. I'm not terribly good with VCA and all that so I don't know if I'm committing any sins like putting someone too far ahead to be good for analysis or any some such?

Also would like to know what AM would make of a Lawpy flip, and where she would go next in the case he is village or wolf. I considered trying to put down some NK cover for her with some fake sus, because I suspect she will not be long for this world after the next yeet.

To be clear I am assuming in my analysis 3 wolves even though it's possible only 2 and whatever the next yeet is, ends the game. But I've been surprised before and don't want to be without some ideas of what to do next.

To be clear I think AM is a very good player and I highly respect her opinion though I don't always agree with her. But when I think we are both village I do look to her for her thoughts.

• Hmm
Oh, anyone else that wants to chime in about next steps, please do. I appreciate everyone playing now'a thoughts.

I just think AM thoughts will be in short supply in some hours, and also I don't have some of all yall yall as cleared as her, and she does seem especially good at reading Lawpy, so that is why I am leaning hard on sheeping her atm.

Unless AM does not approve. I'm not terribly good with VCA and all that so I don't know if I'm committing any sins like putting someone too far ahead to be good for analysis or any some such?

Also would like to know what AM would make of a Lawpy flip, and where she would go next in the case he is village or wolf. I considered trying to put down some NK cover for her with some fake sus, because I suspect she will not be long for this world after the next yeet.

To be clear I am assuming in my analysis 3 wolves even though it's possible only 2 and whatever the next yeet is, ends the game. But I've been surprised before and don't want to be without some ideas of what to do next.

To be clear I think AM is a very good player and I highly respect her opinion though I don't always agree with her. But when I think we are both village I do look to her for her thoughts.
Regardless of Lawpy's flip (assuming the game doesn't end), I would like to revisit Sporty. Unfortunately, Lawpy has slipped down to slightly wolfy but it's because I don't understand a lot of his arguments.

Regardless of Lawpy's flip (assuming the game doesn't end), I would like to revisit Sporty. Unfortunately, Lawpy has slipped down to slightly wolfy but it's because I don't understand a lot of his arguments.
Can you talk about your village leans so I don't accidentally try to misyeet them later, or would that make it too easy for the wolves to draw up a NK list after you you think?

Can you talk about your village leans so I don't accidentally try to misyeet them later, or would that make it too easy for the wolves to draw up a NK list after you you think?
Assuming Lawpy flips wolf, I'm okay with fluff, True, you, zuri, and possibly genny.

I feel like the next few night kills are already in place tbh.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
This is true.

But also, is it just me, or does Lawpy give off an aura of searching for a yeet with traction in his responses?
I've barely been keeping up today so take this with a grain of salt, but yes, that's been my impression.

I just don't know if it's "subbed village Lawpy is trying really hard to gamesolve but he's coming on way too strong" or "subbed wolf Lawpy knows his situation is bad and is spewing"

Reactions: 2 users
Assuming Lawpy flips wolf, I'm okay with fluff, True, you, zuri, and possibly genny.

I feel like the next few night kills are already in place tbh.
If the next two aren't some variation of you and me I'll be very surprised (and possibly offended)

I've barely been keeping up today so take this with a grain of salt, but yes, that's been my impression.

I just don't know if it's "subbed village Lawpy is trying really hard to gamesolve but he's coming on way too strong" or "subbed wolf Lawpy knows his situation is bad and is spewing"
I need that meme "y no village love for cray" with the weird face and stick hands.

The answer is what I always say. Wolf hope for my misyeet always springs eternal, lol

If the next two aren't some variation of you and me I'll be very surprised (and possibly offended)
I need that meme "y no village love for cray" with the weird face and stick hands.

The answer is what I always say. Wolf hope for my misyeet always springs eternal, lol

• Care
Also Cessna made a comment about how he feels he hardly saw me today (despite us both being home all day) and that while he's OK being. WWidower because he entertains himself.....

But yeah anyway have to exercise some self control and probably make a point to spend less time on the game moving forward.

• Care

I'm confident you're village, it's just that she and I have established a slightly pathological avoidance of bussing 😅

Can you explain "prime bussing spot"? I'd totally clear her if he's a wolf. She's been voting vis since D2
Prime bussing spot meaning she's voting there to clear herself. I wouldn't say Sporty's a power wolf all the time based on previous games, but if you think that might not be the case here, I'm open to listening.

I'm just uncomfortable with the nonchalance of sitting on Lawpy without concerns of anyone else that I can see. Easily explained if there are only two wolves, but I don't want to get ahead of myself.

If Lawpy flips wolf and there’s a third wolf I’m honestly pretty puzzled at this point, because it would mean there’s some very convincing wolf theater in the thread. I was pretty convinced of a lawpy/genny pack but they’re argument seemed genuine, so maybe I’m fooled. If lawpy flips village I would think genny and sporty. Gosh if any of the people on the woxy vote are actually a wolf I’d feel super fooled. i could make a paranoia list about those but I think if lawpy flips wolf they’re extra definitely safe cuz I can’t imagine a wolf going to so much lengths to stir up doubt in the village bloc if there was a wolf hiding in there.

Prime bussing spot meaning she's voting there to clear herself. I wouldn't say Sporty's a power wolf all the time based on previous games, but if you think that might not be the case here, I'm open to listening.

I'm just uncomfortable with the nonchalance of sitting on Lawpy without concerns of anyone else that I can see. Easily explained if there are only two wolves, but I don't want to get ahead of myself.
For a moment, I thought she was trying to make a case for me, but she wasn't; she insisted that although she doesn't like my posts, she thinks I'm village. If she was a wolf, wouldn't she have taken the chance to throw more shade my way?

But perhaps, in this case, powerwolfing would mean waiting for the right time to throw shade. We'll see.

For a moment, I thought she was trying to make a case for me, but she wasn't; she insisted that although she doesn't like my posts, she thinks I'm village. If she was a wolf, wouldn't she have taken the chance to throw more shade my way?
I don't really know. As genny said, it was really only her and me that were convinced. I wouldn't say I'm well versed enough in wolf!Sporty's play to predict how she'd handle that though.

I don't really know. As genny said, it was really only her and me that were convinced. I wouldn't say I'm well versed enough in wolf!Sporty's play to predict how she'd handle that though.
At this point, has anyone not expressed doubt over or shaded VisLawpy?

AM, if you think I’ve been bussing since effectively end of day 1, you’re out of your mind. Vis has been my second wolf read since the beginning of the game and became the first after zuri started dropping down.

AM, if you think I’ve been bussing since effectively end of day 1, you’re out of your mind. Vis has been my second wolf read since the beginning of the game and became the first after zuri started dropping down.
Is that outside your wolf range?