• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

saxifoneforgod

10+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I am a sophomore in undergrad. I will not be a junior until AFTER next semester (by 1 credit). I did not go straight to college after high school. However, the only pre-reqs for med school that I need are Orgo I & II which I will be taking next year. I still have awhile to go after that in order to get my bachelor's. I know that the schools I want to apply to require a bachelor's. Should I apply for med school after next year? I have kind of a confusing predicament. I am not on the "normal" pre-med schedule and it's a little confusing...

NickRiviera

MS-Never
10+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2007
Springfield, IL
Status (Visible)
Wow was that painful to read. If you apply next year, you will be in your senior year and have to deal with applications and interviews while you're in school. No biggie really, just a thought.

Dr.Inviz

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I am a sophomore in undergrad. I will not be a junior until AFTER next semester (by 1 credit). I did not go straight to college after high school. However, the only pre-reqs for med school that I need are Orgo I & II which I will be taking next year. I still have awhile to go after that in order to get my bachelor's. I know that the schools I want to apply to require a bachelor's. Should I apply for med school after next year? I have kind of a confusing predicament. I am not on the "normal" pre-med schedule and it's a little confusing...

What the hell are you talking about?? Apply your senior year ...

About the Ads

Sailing Girl

Sailing Girl
10+ Year Member
Dec 31, 2006
Tennessee
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Some med schools do not require a bachelor's and perhaps you could apply to those if you so desire. Study for your MCAT and see how you do. Apply after you are happy with your MCAT score. That's my opinion and the suggestion given to me when I was deciding when to apply.

S_Talos

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2006
CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
The earliest you should apply is June of the year before you want to go to med school. For example, if you know you'll graduate in May 08 you should have started applying in June 07. You'll have to figure out when that is because your story is a tad confusing.

Coming from a very similar situation myself and having to take a year before applying I have a few suggestions:
1) get the MCAT done asap (dont let it slip up on you)
2) have your pre-reqs done by June of the year before you want to enter school
3) June application is early, but more competitive
4) have some kind of employment lined up after graduation in case you don't get accepted (if you get accepted before graduation more power to you).

Krisss17

10+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2007
In btwn here and there!
Status (Visible)
  1. Other Health Professions Student
The earliest you should apply is June of the year before you want to go to med school. For example, if you know you'll graduate in May 08 you should have started applying in June 07. You'll have to figure out when that is because your story is a tad confusing.

Coming from a very similar situation myself and having to take a year before applying I have a few suggestions:
1) get the MCAT done asap (dont let it slip up on you)
2) have your pre-reqs done by June of the year before you want to enter school
3) June application is early, but more competitive
4) have some kind of employment lined up after graduation in case you don't get accepted (if you get accepted before graduation more power to you).

That is a very clear and concise way to put that. thank you!

Krisss17

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.