Oklahoma Executions 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It kind of boggles my mind that we are even wasting the time, money and resources on executing a TERMINALLY ill man.

It is very expensive to house a prisoner

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
It is very expensive to house a prisoner
It's a hell of a lot more expensive to run 15 or 20 years of trials and appeals for capital crimes in the hopes of "winning" a death penalty sentence.

Of course, we could probably speed and cheapen that process up, but then we'd convict and execute even more innocent people.

And then the final sick joke here is that on those occasions when execution actually finally comes to the guilty, they're getting a swift humane painless death and release into nothingness, allowing them to dodge a punishment that's actually harsher: getting stuffed in a 6x10 concrete box for the rest of their natural lives.

The death penalty is stupid. The ultimate triumph of irrational idiotic lizard brain urges over reason and justice.

Reactions: 3 users
It kind of boggles my mind that we are even wasting the time, money and resources on executing a TERMINALLY ill man.

I'm sure there is an unsupervised advanced practice professional type person of some sort that could provide him some substandard medical care and finish the job for much lower cost.

Reactions: 3 users
How atheist of you.
tumblr_4066f86bac5a662f361868312018a8d9_44b08a66_500.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
How atheist of you.
Faith or lack of faith seems irrelevant to the death penalty debate.

If you believe that an eternity of hellfire awaits the guilty, then what does it matter if they spend 30 years in prison before getting there? What's the rush? What's so bad about giving them some time to look forward to getting poked by little red devils with pitchforks forever?

If you don't believe that an eternity of hellfire awaits the guilty, then 30 years in prison is the only punishment they'll ever get.

Reactions: 1 users
Faith or lack of faith seems irrelevant to the death penalty debate.

If you believe that an eternity of hellfire awaits the guilty, then what does it matter if they spend 30 years in prison before getting there? What's the rush? What's so bad about giving them some time to look forward to getting poked by little red devils with pitchforks forever?

If you don't believe that an eternity of hellfire awaits the guilty, then 30 years in prison is the only punishment they'll ever get.

I was being snarky. I agree with you that nothingness is more likely than eternal flames or heavenly clouds.

Reactions: 1 user