Old AAMC practice paper tests VS new CBT practice tests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Avicenna04

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have the older paper practice tests.... I was wondering if they are still good practice? How does the content and format compare to the CBT exams? Any reason for me to invest in the CBTs instead of these papers?

Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

I want to say that its a good idea to take at least a few CBT practice tests so you know what you're getting into. But maybe its not necessary to just ditch all of your AAMC paper tests in favor of purchasing all of the new CBTs especially if you've purchased the paper tests from before.

I have the paper as well and plan to get a couple of the CBT to make sure my timing is down.

Passages are passages.

You might have to adjust to the screen, scrolling and scratch paper.

I have taken several other standardized computer tests and I did not have a problem adapting. I also used to do alot of document proofreading on computers too, which I think helps me. I am used to reading for content off of a computer.

I say buy one and see how you adpat to the CBT format before buying all of them.

Yeah, but question wise, are they about the same? The only difference being that the CBT ones have fewer passages?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey,

I would get CBT 10 and CBT 9 since I dont think these two exams were available on paper. That way, you get two CBTs to practice your timing and also get questions that you might not have on the paper versions.

Hey,

I would get CBT 10 and CBT 9 since I dont think these two exams were available on paper. That way, you get two CBTs to practice your timing and also get questions that you might not have on the paper versions.
9R is available on paper, it's only 10 that isn't.

ohhhhh, so the CBT exams are exactly the same as the paper ones? Just one is on computer?

I didn't know that.

I thought the content was different too.

but wait a minute.... if the CBT is shorter.... how would all the questions be transfered from paper on CBT? Were some paper passages left out of the CBTs?

Are the passages from the CBTs the same length as the real thing? The passages on CBT 3 seemed short to me...

but wait a minute.... if the CBT is shorter.... how would all the questions be transfered from paper on CBT? Were some paper passages left out of the CBTs?
Yes, some passages are left out and a few discretes are removed, as well. Basically, there is no NEW content on CBTs compared to the paper ones.