Old Dr. Collins study guide? Still helpful or no?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lovelyworld

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys!

I am new to this site, so I hope I am posting everything in the right place. I have a question about the Dr. Collins study guide. I originally bought the study guide back in October 2015, but then life got in the way and I couldn't take the test then. Now I'm signed up for the January test, and was wondering if I should be good to go using the 2015 PCAT version? Do you think it's pretty much the same as the latest version? I guess I will be unable to get the updates since I bought this from someone online. I read everywhere that a lot of people say the biology section has a lot of the same/very similar questions?

Any insight to this would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure when PCAT changed things but they got rid of the verbal section. Now the PCAT has chemistry (with reading included), biology (reading included), reading section, writing section, and math section. If these look similar to what you have in your packets, you're good to go :)

Reactions: 1 users
The PCAT is now packed with chemistry and biology passages if you don't have that...+pity+
Lots of singing birds and woodland creatures,
The Princess... I mean Future Pharmacist! :whistle:

The PCAT was updated in 2016, and again for 2018. Some of the updates to the Dr. Collins' materials include:
  • Updated 2018 version of study materials based on the latest PCAT exam.
  • Additional passage-based test questions added to Chemistry and Biology practice tests.
  • Additional practice exams for Biology and Quantitative