OMFS - 3rd/4th Year Med School Rotations off Site

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ever heard of OMFS residents who are off service in med school rotations leaving their home institution for say 6 months of General Sx, IM, anesthesia etc?

I would love to go back to my Undergrad's med school and do a rotation there if I get accepted into a 6-year.

I know it is more common with the 'true' med students but the OMFSers are in a different situation.

Members don't see this ad.

At UF-Jax, we are allowed to do an outside rotation in vigilante justice.

At UF-Jax, we are allowed to do an outside rotation in vigilante justice.

Ah, vigilante justice. The only kind of justice really worth having...

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you just have to ask your program director when you get there. One of our residents did his ENT rotation off-site and had a great experience. Doing it for 6 months might be more of a headache for your department, depending on how the schedule is made. Many programs have the residents spend a month here and there back on oral surgery during med school.

Doing it for 6 months might be more of a headache for your department, depending on how the schedule is made. Many programs have the residents spend a month here and there back on oral surgery during med school.

That is true. I think I'll just worry about seating this crown and scraping teeth right now rather than rotations 2-3 years in the future. It just popped into my head when I was studying.

Just remember seating crowns isn't like final impressions: you don't get 15 tries.

No but I do thank you for your tuition contribution towards my $400 impression. I bet it comes back under-reduced also.