OMFS Application and INBDE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IndifferentOsteoblast

Reaction score
I'm applying this upcoming application cycle, and I was wondering if INBDE scores are required before submitting your PASS application. Our school only allows us to take the exam during the fall semester, and, due to testing center availability, there is the potential my exam date may be close to or after the September 15th application due date. I'll have all other required application materials ready well before the due date. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I'm applying this upcoming application cycle, and I was wondering if INBDE scores are required before submitting your PASS application. Our school only allows us to take the exam during the fall semester, and, due to testing center availability, there is the potential my exam date may be close to or after the September 15th application due date. I'll have all other required application materials ready well before the due date. Thanks!
When you say "scores" you mean pass/fail correct? Also, just put pending on your application. Thats all that matters for OMS.

When you say "scores" you mean pass/fail correct? Also, just put pending on your application. Thats all that matters for OMS.
Question about CBSE score reporting on CV. On externships i realized very few people know how to convert the Equated Percent Correct score back to the old two digit or just read it as the old two digit. Is it worth including the conversion based off of the chart floating around on here that was supposedly provided to PDs a year ago? Or just leave it as EPC since we technically are no longer provided any conversion back to the old two digit?

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure if it matters that much. Took my test sept 14-15 and got my score Oct 3rd. I submitted to the oct 1 deadline programs (missed all previous ones) and still got over a dozen interviews.

Question about CBSE score reporting on CV. On externships i realized very few people know how to convert the Equated Percent Correct score back to the old two digit or just read it as the old two digit. Is it worth including the conversion based off of the chart floating around on here that was supposedly provided to PDs a year ago? Or just leave it as EPC since we technically are no longer provided any conversion back to the old two digit?
I put all 3 in my cv. Wrote XX EPC (2 digit old, 3 digit old)

Not sure if it matters that much. Took my test sept 14-15 and got my score Oct 3rd. I submitted to the oct 1 deadline programs (missed all previous ones) and still got over a dozen interviews.

I put all 3 in my cv. Wrote XX EPC (2 digit old, 3 digit old)
That is fair to put in the application/CV. Just dont try to get cute. If you are going to list them all, list them all or none.

I too have been coming across this common occurrence, most people are interpreting EPC as the old two digit

I too have been coming across this common occurrence, most people are interpreting EPC as the old two di
Program directors are pretty smart and with the new scoring having been used for a cycle now I think that "we" have a good idea what a good score is and a bad score is.
If people are wondering how the CBSE impacts I can give you some inside baseball knowledge. The most recent data out of ABOMS is showing that the minimum score for interviews outside your home program is roughly 52 on the new scale. Obviously there are exceptions but this we are seeing this as kind of the cut-off being set out there. Every point below 62 down to 53 you lose 10% chance to have an interview outside your home program. At a score of 52 there were very few interviews obtained in the last cycle. So if I was a current applicant the goal would be to get 65 or higher to "guarantee" that a the CBSE score will not inhibit your application for 4 year programs. With 6 year DDS/MD programs all bets are off as medical schools are setting the standards/limits for scores. I hope this helps all the upcoming applicants. I am always open for questions if folks want any of my amateur insight.

Reactions: 7 users