OMM in internship/residency?

Started by Toran
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Toran

Senior Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am interested in focusing my time in the practical experience with a solid OMM training. Would you tell me about your experience in the clinical setting with OMM? Did you use it a lot, or not at all?

Thanks,

Toran
 
Hi Toran. I am interested in this topic also so I thought I'd try to get it going again. For what its worth OMM is just one type of body manipulation but they all involve actual physical touch. I know this sounds obvious but it might be a good idea just to take a basic massage class. This way you loose the awkwardness involved with touch and will be better able to concentrate on the techniques involve with OMM. I have taken a number of different styles af massage and am currently working with in a Student Athletic Trainer program. This offers a wonderful combination of hands on treatment under the guidance of Athletic trainers and doctors. I too am excited about learning OMM and I plan to make it a major part of my practice. Of course that depends upon actually getting into DO school but that too will happen. Sean.