OMM Lab Dress Codes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If I was Canadian, I'd be damned proud of it. I'm actually jealous of Canadians. Very little crime, beautiful cities, and a progressive government.

And it's far away from Texas.

Members don't see this ad.

Echinoidea said:
And it's far away from Texas.
Hey .. if you get rid of the guns, the people outside of Austin, the cowboys, and politics Texas is great state. It has good weather.. well.. Austin does.. I think what I'm actually saying is that if Texas was ONLY Austin it would be a rocking place.

Canada would be excellent if it weren't for the very cold weather.

Megalofyia said:
Hey .. if you get rid of the guns, the people outside of Austin, the cowboys, and politics Texas is great state. It has good weather.. well.. Austin does.. I think what I'm actually saying is that if Texas was ONLY Austin it would be a rocking place.

I don't want this thread to turn into a Canadian vs. US one. We are all the same Sh%^T if you ask me. Some states are more like Canada. Mostly new england/New York and West coast. Let concentrate on MD vs. DO.

We also have a Texas like province.. Alberta. They are cowboys and full of oil and always wanting to start a war with the rest of the country.

BTW, temp in BC has been great. They get little or no snow per year and the temperture the last few days has been great. ~60-65F

Members don't see this ad :)
Megalofyia said:

Nah, Dallas is better.

Unless you are a liberal.

docbill said:
#$^% Smart ass... I said US since most people on SDN are from the US. Most including yourself would care little to know about Canadians and how fat they get. By the way our obesity rate is lower than that of the US... but not by far.

So before you start the Canadian bashing, you may want to consider asking me what I meant.

Another thing What the F#Q$^ are you taking about taking responsibility??? For what?? For you fat ARS???? Get real. I use to be a fat ass.. and yeah.. maybe I am bias towards obesity. So what, bite me... or better yet.. go bite some fast food.

Just because I am a liberal doesn't mean that I will accept your BS. Sounds to me like you have some issues with most of my posts... cause you concluded I am a liberal prick.. You could not have gotten that from this post alone.

Plus you already tried insulting me in a previous post.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=2135962#post2135962

That is okay you have the right... As a N.American to have you opinion... even if it is against me.

The only thing that I agree with you about (and have EVER agreed with you about) is to keep this thread where it is supposed to be. It is not a US v. Canadian thing, so there was no reason for me to have made the comment that I did.

As far as me caring about Canadians, I care more than you think b/c my wife is Canadian. She was born and raised in New Market. And she agrees that most Canadians are anti-American. Her own family is! Don't make judgements about me when you have no clue to begin with.

As far as the misspelled "fat ass" comments, you have no clue what I look like or what my BMI is. I could be cachectic or I could be in serious need of bariatric surgery. Again, commenting when you have no clue.

As far as a bias you have towards obesity, I could care less. But what I do care about is your lack of compassion, ESPECIALLY since you will someday be a physician with the same degree that I already hold. I do not in anyway want to be associated with you or anyone like you. Not b/c you're a Canadian, not b/c you're a liberal, but b/c you very obviously have no compassion what-so-ever. Obesity, smoking, drug addiction, other personal issues, or whatever it is - you are gonna be a DO someday, dude, and you're gonna have to be mature and deal with your patients in a caring and compassionate way. Treat your patients and other with dignity and respect, like you would expect others to treat you. If you don't, then you don't deserve a DO degree.
Try giving a sh1t instead of name calling - it really works!

You are right, DocBill, I have issues with pretty much all of your posts and from what I have concluded, all in all, I don't like you very much. Again, not only b/c you are a liberal and b/c you are a common back stabbing Canadian, but, you are very much aloof and act as if you always know what's happening when clearly you haven't a clue. And the whole lack of compassion thing really puts it over the top. I may not like you at all, but I am willing to peacefully coexist, w/o needlessly insulting you for your ridiculous posts. However, I would implore you to change so as to not tarnish the American DO and what it represents.

DrFeelgoodDO said:
The only thing that I agree with you about (and have EVER agreed with you about) is to keep this thread where it is supposed to be. It is not a US v. Canadian thing, so there was no reason for me to have made the comment that I did.

As far as me caring about Canadians, I care more than you think b/c my wife is Canadian. She was born and raised in New Market. And she agrees that most Canadians are anti-American. Her own family is! Don't make judgements about me when you have no clue to begin with.

As far as the misspelled "fat ass" comments, you have no clue what I look like or what my BMI is. I could be cachectic or I could be in serious need of bariatric surgery. Again, commenting when you have no clue.

As far as a bias you have towards obesity, I could care less. But what I do care about is your lack of compassion, ESPECIALLY since you will someday be a physician with the same degree that I already hold. I do not in anyway want to be associated with you or anyone like you. Not b/c you're a Canadian, not b/c you're a liberal, but b/c you very obviously have no compassion what-so-ever. Obesity, smoking, drug addiction, other personal issues, or whatever it is - you are gonna be a DO someday, dude, and you're gonna have to be mature and deal with your patients in a caring and compassionate way. Treat your patients and other with dignity and respect, like you would expect others to treat you. If you don't, then you don't deserve a DO degree.
Try giving a sh1t instead of name calling - it really works!

You are right, DocBill, I have issues with pretty much all of your posts and from what I have concluded, all in all, I don't like you very much. Again, not only b/c you are a liberal and b/c you are a common back stabbing Canadian, but, you are very much aloof and act as if you always know what's happening when clearly you haven't a clue. And the whole lack of compassion thing really puts it over the top. I may not like you at all, but I am willing to peacefully coexist, w/o needlessly insulting you for your ridiculous posts. However, I would implore you to change so as to not tarnish the American DO and what it represents.

You read me like a book.

Thanks for the info. I would be insulted if you knew me or if I respected you.

I will keep your comments in mind, don't worry I won't filthy your profession. By the time I get finish/IF I FINISH 4 years, the school should have put me in order and made sure I follow instruction properly. Hopefuly added some compassion or made me a good actor.

Peaceful co-existance is fine with me. Don't step on my toes, I won't step on yours. If I post something you don't like ignore it.. or respond as you see fit and so will I.

NeuroDO said:
I'm a guy, and I think this is absurd. If I need to palpate a girl's abdomen, I can either do it through a tshirt or slide my hand underneath. There's no need to put anyone through the additional discomfort of undressing in front of her (or his) entire medical school class. This no shirt thing is nothing short of absurd.

By reading your comments I gather that you're afraid of seeing a female's body, not to worry, it’s probably some sort of phobia, if anybody knows the name of this phobia feel free to share it.

frank51 said:
By reading your comments I gather that you're afraid of seeing a female's body, not to worry, it’s probably some sort of phobia, if anybody knows the name of this phobia feel free to share it.

Yeah, I'm terrified of seeing a naked girl. I can't think of anything more horrific than seeing a female member of our species in a sport bra. Oh the horror!

I hope you do not have to take your shirts off. I have a nice body, but I have really ugly stretch marks due to losing 90 pounds. It not the same thing with undressing patients. Chances are people are going to be looking for people to marry and date in med school. You really want everbody seeing you half naked? These will be people we will have to see and deal with on a daily basis.

I've taken my shirt off before for undergrad classes as a nutrition & exercise major as a girl. It really wasn't a huge deal and the guys weren't gawking at the girls or anything like that. I've practiced 12 leads on shirtless guys and girls for my EMT work as well (girls with sports bras of course). While it's understandable to be shy or modest about your body, it helps to practice on people in a practical situation so that when it comes to the real thing you're actually comfortable with what you're doing. I place women with large chests on 12 leads all the time in the back of the ambulance and without the practice before I think I would've felt pretty awkward, especially with the ones who aren't wearing bras or have enormous breasts.

Do you actually practice OMM with all of the people in your medical class? Or are the classes broken down into smaller groups? It seems like it'd be crazy to practice OMM with a group of 150 people as far as organization goes as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
See the new OMM thread below.

Saw that thread. It got completely off topic and the posters just started talking about how nice it would be to feel each other up. Lots of sexually deprived people applying to medical school.

There's been plenty of these threads over the years in the Pre-DO forum. We've all had our anxiety of being put practically naked on the spotlight in front of our peers (and mortal enemies, if you're a gunner). There's going to be people of all body types in your class, and you'll eventually be glad you could feel what this or that feels like on a skinny guy or an enormous girl, because that's how the real world is. And if you're looking for a potential mate in your small class, I'd say skip the drama and go hit up the nursing school or PA school.

By the second week, nobody's going to really care what you look like. Personally, I'm going to do my best to keep my tight yoga pants at home. Don't want no creepers starin'.

By the second week, nobody's going to really care what you look like. Personally, I'm going to do my best to keep my tight yoga pants at home. Don't want no creepers starin'.

You'll still send me pix though, right? You promised me you would...

You'll find out when you matriculate. Is this really going to affect what schools you apply to?

FWIW, I've already got my OMM clothes ready. I've got one of these in every color of the rainbow:

borat.jpg

who knows....this could be a good motivator to get in shape.

Canada sucks!!!

I can say this bc I'm Canadian

I cannot wait to be an American!!!
When peps start comp can to us...you can tell they are clueless in all accounts...
Can is nothing

If it hasn't been lifted by foreign money it would have gone bankrupt like Iceland

I don't really know how this thread got so off track I just scrolled down to the bottom from the top and read something about Canada ..??

Anyways to the OP I don't see why it matters, in medicine you're going to have to get used to naked bodies. Also naked dead bodies.

I don't really know how this thread got so off track I just scrolled down to the bottom from the top and read something about Canada ..??

Anyways to the OP I don't see why it matters, in medicine you're going to have to get used to naked bodies. Also naked dead bodies.

Baby_laugh.gif

It still blows my mind that people are that uncomfortable with the thought of being in a sports bra/shirtless in OMM lab. The being shirtless crap dies out after a few weeks anyway.

Bizarre.

I hope you do not have to take your shirts off. I have a nice body, but I have really ugly stretch marks due to losing 90 pounds. It not the same thing with undressing patients. Chances are people are going to be looking for people to marry and date in med school. You really want everbody seeing you half naked? These will be people we will have to see and deal with on a daily basis.
There will also be alot of married people, all is good, I can only hope that as future physicians we will not be so judgemental of people, even our peers. Still, relevant or not, nice 7 year bump!

Perfect.