OMP number?

Started by Icewoman
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Originally posted by Icewoman
I'm about to send in my CAS application, but have no clue what the "OMP number" is. Does anyone know what this number is and where I may find it? I don't see it on that letter they sent us with our sfmatch username and password. Thanks!

Ophthalmology Matching Program = OMP

The OMP number is the five or six digit number assigned to you. This is the number used to match your application to programs during the match. You should have received a card and letter with that number printed on them.
 
Clearly, the OMP number is a percentage score indicating how good a resident you'll make. It's calculated by taking a perfect resident (Ophtho Mud Phud = OMP) and setting that at 100. Each time any of us asks a stupid question - take off one point. Ask a question covered in a recent thread - 3 point deduction. Post a silly tongue-in-cheek comment - ten points.

It's really quite simple.

I'm now down to a 23 and considering a career in pre-owned auto sales.

Cheers. 😉