oms application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WizzieMon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello everyone,

would anyone be kind enough to look at my personal statement and just say YES good or NO don't even bother, and what my chances with the below stats. I hate writing personal statements.
dental grad 2005. part 1- 92, part 2- 82, GPR completed 2006, internship currently.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Class rank? The 3 key ingredients in general are Part 1 score, class rank, and GPA.

I had the same part 1 score, got offered 20 interviews of 30 programs I applied to, went to 10 interviews, and matched to my first choice.

toofache32 said:
Class rank? The 3 key ingredients in general are Part 1 score, class rank, and GPA.

I had the same part 1 score, got offered 20 interviews of 30 programs I applied to, went to 10 interviews, and matched to my first choice.

gpa- 3.20 :(
class rank- 48/118 :( :(

looking at 4 year programs in the northeast?

Members don't see this ad :)
WizzieMon said:
gpa- 3.20 :(
class rank- 48/118 :( :(

looking at 4 year programs in the northeast?

Here's my limited opinion: even with that class rank (which isn't terrible, but isn't top of the pile), I think you'd be a good candidate. You have a good Part I score, you've done a GPR, and you're doing an internship. Seems like you've got experience, which I think matters, especially since your Part I score is good.

ItsGavinC said:
Here's my limited opinion: even with that class rank (which isn't terrible, but isn't top of the pile), I think you'd be a good candidate. You have a good Part I score, you've done a GPR, and you're doing an internship. Seems like you've got experience, which I think matters, especially since your Part I score is good.
oh thank you that is encouraging to hear, oh well, it doesn't hurt to give it a shot. So I guess no one wants to look at my personal statement, that's ok I think half the people don't even read them!!
:idea:

WizzieMon said:
oh thank you that is encouraging to hear, oh well, it doesn't hurt to give it a shot. So I guess no one wants to look at my personal statement, that's ok I think half the people don't even read them!!
:idea:
Actually, you'd be surprised how much attention my programs paid to my personal statement. I got lots of detailed questions on some stuff I made up-er- I mean truthfully admitted to accomplishing :smuggrin: :smuggrin: . So, all kidding aside, make sure you have a solid statement. You can PM me your statement and I'll try to give you an honest opinion...