OMS Interview Trail Posse

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TiggerJSA

Examing the colon stinks
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hiccups over here :D :D Shoot me a Private message with your email address if we've crossed paths (favorably of course :cool: ) on the current OMS interview trail so I can set up a listserve for a possible Vegas Post-Match getaway. Hope the rest of everyone's interviews go well! Only Alabama left to go baby!! :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

I concur! We should do a post-match party (if I match)! I have met so many quality applicants on my interview trial as well. I know with everyone that I've met and I'm proud to want to go into OMFS knowing some of my colleagues are some cool ****! :D

I must say, one of the best things about going on these interviews are meeting and partying with the applicants and residents! :thumbup:

Off to Baton Rouge on Sunday for my LSU NO interview! :)

This is Nate from Oregon... keep me posted on the match drama and, yes, I am always game for a Vegas trip.

Members don't see this ad :)
Poor_Ugly_Happy said:
This is Nate from Oregon... keep me posted on the match drama and, yes, I am always game for a Vegas trip.

ditto.

unless I dont match! :confused:

GatorDMD said:
ditto.

unless I dont match! :confused:
You've already matched my heart big guy :love: :love: :laugh: :laugh:

What up TiggerJSA? It's me, "chemicalpeel." Keep me posted on match details my man.

Poor_Ugly_Happy said:

P_U_H, I hear you are gung-ho for OHSU? :rolleyes:

I'm from OHSU... it's agreat program, but I'm certainly not opposed to the idea of something new. In fact, I don't know what I'm "gung-ho" for anymore... was impressed with different places for very different reasons. I know it sounds cliche' but there really isn't any perfect program.

Heading down to Shreveport for a short externship next week just to get a better feel for the program there.

Poor_Ugly_Happy said:
I'm from OHSU... it's agreat program, but I'm certainly not opposed to the idea of something new. In fact, I don't know what I'm "gung-ho" for anymore... was impressed with different places for very different reasons. I know it sounds cliche' but there really isn't any perfect program.

Heading down to Shreveport for a short externship next week just to get a better feel for the program there.

Doesn't that violate the match agreement in some way? :laugh:
Just kidding, I'm jealous. I wish I had the money left to do the same.

Poor_Ugly_Happy said:

Sounds good. It is a great program. Yeah I was talking to some people who knew you and those were their comments. Later.

chemicalpeel said:
What up TiggerJSA? It's me, "chemicalpeel." Keep me posted on match details my man.

No shout outs for the UF peeps? Make sure you are careful with your suitcases when you fly... they can get dangerous... ;)

chemicalpeel said:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I love the name! Yeah, bro, I'll keep you up to date. Send me your email via personal message so I can put you on the listserve. P_U_H, do the same, I don't think you gave me yours either. I'm actually really depressed I only have one more interview with you folks :( . It's been fun, it's been tense, hell, it's been weird :D :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Ha Ha! What up GatorMD? If there's one thing I've learned on the interview trail it is that interviews (and luggage) can be hazardous to your health! But thank you for reminding me of that fact.

hey baby... miss ya... i think Gator is mad at me.. why? i dunno!!!! :idea:

tristen said:
Hey shnookems! :love: Send me your email so I can stalk you in more ways than one :idea: ... Miss you too (if that post was directed to me :confused: ?), and hope the rest of your interviews are goin well!

Gator might be mad at you cuz I'd rather spoon you than him :eek: Don't worry Gator, you're still tops in my book :cool:

TiggerJSA said:
Hey shnookems! :love: Send me your email so I can stalk you in more ways than one :idea: ... Miss you too (if that post was directed to me :confused: ?), and hope the rest of your interviews are goin well!

Gator might be mad at you cuz I'd rather spoon you than him :eek: Don't worry Gator, you're still tops in my book :cool:

I am mad cuz she wouldnt stop talking about how much she missed Mr. Hiccup here in San Antonio. Just a little jealous.... the spooning was just the icing ;) P_U_H send me your info as well so we can all stay in touch as well as you chemical peel... i will send you mine as well. We got to hang in Feb.

tristen said:

oh you know girl :smuggrin:

chemicalpeel said:
Ha Ha! What up GatorMD? If there's one thing I've learned on the interview trail it is that interviews (and luggage) can be hazardous to your health! But thank you for reminding me of that fact.

dude how has the trail been treating you?

Did any of you guys (and girls?) interview at 4 year programs? If so, did you like any in particular and why? Thanks.

GatorDMD said:
dude how has the trail been treating you?

It started rough, you know, with the salicylic acid mishap (ask TiggerJSA) and the luggage laceration. It feels good to be over with it all. Let me know how you like San Antonio cuz I almost interviewed there but nine (interviews) was enough.

To all the individuals I've been fortunate to meet along the
way (with the sole exception of "Mr. Clark Kent;"
superego in disguise -- yes, you know who you are): my email is [email protected]; keep me up to date on the match results and the
Vegas trip. Yes, the Vegas trip...

Poor_Ugly_Happy said:
(with the sole exception of "Mr. Clark Kent;"
superego in disguise -- yes, you know who you are): .

:laugh:

Dude these nicknames are freagn awesome!

-------

It started rough, you know, with the salicylic acid mishap (ask TiggerJSA) and the luggage laceration. It feels good to be over with it all. Let me know how you like San Antonio cuz I almost interviewed there but nine (interviews) was enough.
--------

Yeah it was a solid program. You should have checked it out... I understand your point though with nine being enough... unless you are a paranoid person like me and wont stop till the little savings account is dry :(

It is funny because everywhere you go you hear the stories about so and so. I am starting to wonder what is said about me :confused: Have a good holiday break with your family. At least if your done with the trail....

GatorDMD said:
Sounds good. It is a great program from what I got when I externed there this summer. I hope they even ranked me with all the qualified applicants they had at the interview. Yeah I was talking to some people who knew you and they said you were "gung-ho Crazy" over OHSU. Later.
Dude, your attempts at trying to get Nate to say that he's all about OHSU are weak. Stop trying to jocky for position by dogging on him. Regardless of your intent, it makes you look pathetic. Don't freak out either, Mr. Paranoid, I don't think differently of you just because I decided to call you out.

chemicalpeel said:

I liked san antonio a lot. I was surprised how much I liked it. Except for having to share a room with a crappy room-mate it was sweet.

UNLV OMS WANABE said:
Except for having to share a room with a crappy room-mate it was sweet.

the truth comes out. :D

I guess you didnt like the sleeping nude thing?

GatorDMD said:
Don't take it too personally. I told you that I shoot straight. No sugar coating with me. I still like you, man, just don't want to see you putting him in an uncomfortable position.

OMFSCardsFan said:
Don't take it too personally. I told you that I shoot straight. No sugar coating with me. I still like you, man, just don't want to see you putting him in an uncomfortable position.
I respect your opinion b/c I am also a straight shooter. I'm not trying to take sides, but I don't think the gator meant anything by it. In the last two monthes, some people have put themselves in uncomfortable situations by the games they've played on the interview trail.

jstars11 said:
In the last two monthes, some people have put themselves in uncomfortable situations by the games they've played on the interview trail.

Couldn't have said it better myself. ;)

jstars11 said:
I respect your opinion b/c I am also a straight shooter. I'm not trying to take sides, but I don't think the gator meant anything by it. In the last two monthes, some people have put themselves in uncomfortable situations by the games they've played on the interview trail.
The whole process is a big game. But there is a time and a place for everything. I didn't mean to turn the discussion in a new direction. My apologies if I sounded harsh. I didn't mean for it too sound so nasty, but after re-reading it, I guess it did. Just commenting on how it looks. Honestly, no harm done. I'd still be thrilled to have any of you that I met following me around the hospital, getting me coffee, polishing my shoes, and waxing my pole...ahem...I mean...car.

OMFSCardsFan said:
The whole process is a big game. But there is a time and a place for everything. I didn't mean to turn the discussion in a new direction. My apologies if I sounded harsh. I didn't mean for it too sound so nasty, but after re-reading it, I guess it did. Just commenting on how it looks. Honestly, no harm done. I'd still be thrilled to have any of you that I met following me around the hospital, getting me coffee, polishing my shoes, and waxing my pole...ahem...I mean...car.

I thought i was your pole waxer. I wouldn't like to wax anyones pole but yours.

You all should just think of me as a pole smoker, um waxer i mean.

tx oms said:
I thought i was your pole waxer. I wouldn't like to wax anyones pole but yours.

You all should just think of me as a pole smoker, um waxer i mean.

According to Full Metal Jacket ... I guess you are not a steer. :D

OMFSCardsFan said:
I'd still be thrilled to have any of you that I met following me around the hospital, and waxing my pole...ahem...I mean...car.

:love:

I hope so.

;)