OMS residency timeline?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Captain Underplants

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've been reading a lot trying to figure out the estimated timeline for MATCH programs and OS, but I can't find any solid figures?

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to when the application cycle actually opens? And after that when do interviews usually start? (I know match results are in early Jan.) but curious about everything before that.

Appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Also this is not like aadsas where the earlier the application the better, programs often don’t even begin looking at applications and sending invites out until after the deadline.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
PASS opens Mid-May.
Apply by program deadlines, first is September 1st.
Interviews are OctobeR
Match day end of January.

Also this is not like aadsas where the earlier the application the better, programs often don’t even begin looking at applications and sending invites out until after the deadline.

Thank you both, appreciate the input. I was worried about missing out on possible interviews (fingers crossed) if I take a vacation in August. But it looks like that’s when the invites come in but before the actual dates begin.

Thank you both, appreciate the input. I was worried about missing out on possible interviews (fingers crossed) if I take a vacation in August. But it looks like that’s when the invites come in but before the actual dates begin.
As long as you have access to email and can check daily, I think you should be OK. I think some OMFS programs interview everyone on 1 day, but many give you options and it's best to reply quickly if you want your first choice.

Reactions: 1 users
Oh
As long as you have access to email and can check daily, I think you should be OK. I think some OMFS programs interview everyone on 1 day, but many give you options and it's best to reply quickly if you want your first choice.
I'll definitely be compulsively checking my phone (and these forums) lol, thanks!