OMT Anki Deck

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fldoctorgirl

IM PGY-1
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi friends! Just wondering what OMM decks those of you who use Anki used for general class studying + COMLEX? I have Turn Up 2 OMT loaded, but it doesn't seem 100% complete so I'm wondering if there's any others out there that anyone would recommend. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

lol why bother, they'll just write another stupidly annoying exam that has a 72% average
Well cause I'd like to not fail the class by not having a 70% average on the written tests

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Are those tests not curved? I'm still surprised the average was a passing score.

Are those tests not curved? I'm still surprised the average was a passing score.
They are but it's unclear whether you need a 70% pre- or post-curve.

I was surprised too, thought it would be in the 60s.

70% post curve on the exams to pass. We had this problem the end of our first year, which is why they now curve it. There is no point in doing flashcards for OS because the questions are so... unique.

that's fair. I only passed after the points they gave back; the best way I think you should study is by just making your own cards from the OSCEs, with image occlusion. I also re-did the quizzes from their keys as 'practice questions' and I think that helped but yeah, that exam was just such poorly written trash. I hope we can do better on the next one.
I did something similar. I had quizlets made based on the OSCEs and powerpoints and I went through them multiple times. I just wasn't prepared for them to turn it into an anatomy exam.

My school must not care much about OMM, comparatively speaking. Our averages are in the high 80's for written exams. Thank God. Most of us study for 3hrs max per exam.

Sent from my SM-G960U using SDN mobile

Best OMM deck <1000 cards for COMLEX studying ?

Edit: Found a Zanki OMM deck with 800+ cards - subdecks each chapter in Sav 3rd ed.
Anyone familiar with the deck?

Last edited:
My school must not care much about OMM, comparatively speaking. Our averages are in the high 80's for written exams. Thank God. Most of us study for 3hrs max per exam.

Sent from my SM-G960U using SDN mobile

I studied for several hours before every OMM test during our first year and got an A/high B on most of them. This year, I had a feeling they would be more difficult (our OMM director seems exceptionally passionate about OMM) and I put in way more time than usual studying for this first test.. and then I just barely failed it. Go figure the first written test I have ever failed in medical school would be OMM lol. I still do not know how our class had a passing average because I found so many questions so vaguely written, conflicting with class material we were given (eg. lecture material says a chapmans point is here, on the test that's not an answer choice), or so insanely specific that I didn't even know where to begin answering them. Guess I just studied the wrong stuff.

Members don't see this ad :)
I studied for several hours before every OMM test during our first year and got an A/high B on most of them. This year, I had a feeling they would be more difficult (our OMM director seems exceptionally passionate about OMM) and I put in way more time than usual studying for this first test.. and then I just barely failed it. Go figure the first written test I have ever failed in medical school would be OMM lol. I still do not know how our class had a passing average because I found so many questions so vaguely written, conflicting with class material we were given (eg. lecture material says a chapmans point is here, on the test that's not an answer choice), or so insanely specific that I didn't even know where to begin answering them. Guess I just studied the wrong stuff.
Same exact experience here. Also, worth mentioning that the average was only passing after they gave back several points.

Same exact experience here. Also, worth mentioning that the average was only passing after they gave back several points.

Do second years have access to the Joplin lab recordings?

Why does it always seem to me that other schools' OMM classes are way harder than at my school? I usually study the night before the exam and always get an A or a high B. The average for the class is also always a high B. Our course director also writes OMM board questions, so he always has a study guide (~100 slides) that he releases a week before the exam, and we just study that and we're golden for the test. Apparently, some people in the class above us have only studied his study guides for boards as well and killed the OMM portion of the test.

Sent from my SM-G973U using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Just did it casually during M2

Yeah, I think the guy actually made it with that in mind. He got like a 130 on the OMM comat.
Awesome. Thanks. I'll use the deck and see what happens hah.

Why does it always seem to me that other schools' OMM classes are way harder than at my school? I usually study the night before the exam and always get an A or a high B. The average for the class is also always a high B. Our course director also writes OMM board questions, so he always has a study guide (~100 slides) that he releases a week before the exam, and we just study that and we're golden for the test. Apparently, some people in the class above us have only studied his study guides for boards as well and killed the OMM portion of the test.

Idk, we've been told by pretty much all 3rd and 4th year students that COMLEX OMM questions are easier than our school's and that our school makes OMM exams unnecessarily difficult. Not sure why...

I wish mine was less difficult. It’s mainly the practicals. It’s probably the most remediated class at my school tbh.

• Sad

same. only exam i ever failed was omm. thankfully there was some extra credit, so i ended up passing. my friends joked that I learned the perfect amount of OMM for that exam.

also, yeah i don't know. even knowing that i nearly failed omm class, i wouldn't have told M1 me to seek out omm decks. maybe make like 20 cards with facts that they promised would be on the exam? Like still's bday or something idk.

• Haha
same. only exam i ever failed was omm. thankfully there was some extra credit, so i ended up passing. my friends joked that I learned the perfect amount of OMM for that exam.

also, yeah i don't know. even knowing that i nearly failed omm class, i wouldn't have told M1 me to seek out omm decks. maybe make like 20 cards with facts that they promised would be on the exam? Like still's bday or something idk.

Apparently I'm the only one who didn't get points back on that test lol. I must have really flubbed it. There's a rumor going around now that the next test will be significantly easier because our class did so poorly on the first test, but I'm hesitant to believe that now after how many times KCU has beaten us over the head with a hard test after our class nearly failing a test prior to that one.

Apparently I'm the only one who didn't get points back on that test lol. I must have really flubbed it. There's a rumor going around now that the next test will be significantly easier because our class did so poorly on the first test, but I'm hesitant to believe that now after how many times KCU has beaten us over the head with a hard test after our class nearly failing a test prior to that one.
Well, I'm sure they don't want 40% of the class to fail and remediate....so I'd hope haha. Considering they're "taking passing requirements under consideration" still lol

Last edited: