? on "Have you applied to us before?"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medical22

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Most schools and the AMCAS application ask the question "Have you applied to us before?" Can someone please tell me what my answer should be if last year I applied to the schools through AMCAS, but withdrew and my application and never sent the secondaries. I didn't get an acceptance or a rejection because I didn't complete teh application process, so does that mean I applied or I didn't?

Members don't see this ad.

You did not apply if you did not complete the secondaries. Hope this helps...

I would think that means you didnt apply, but to be safe you should maybe call one of the schools and ask. I dont thikn it would hurt...

Members don't see this ad :)
•••quote:•••Originally posted by finney:
•You did not apply if you did not complete the secondaries. Hope this helps...•••••Is this in writing somewhere?

Is every school different as to what they consider "applied before?"

click on the help button when you're on the page with the question

well i answered yes for the schools i previously applied via amcas for. Because all the schools did recv that application and opened a folder for you.
Also when i asked amcas before i submitted, i told them i didn't know which schools i had applied to-- they said that i'd have to ORDER my old application and it lists all the schools i did submit to last time.

so i just said 'yes' to those schools that are on the amcas. but yes i'd call to make sure

Just a thought, but if you check yes, then on your secondaries, the schools will probably expect you to fill out the section about "how you improved since you last applied", so you will have a little more work to do.

For this situation, I recommend calling amcas just to make sure. :)