On Hold at Maryland?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

faerichilde

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I got a letter yesterday saying that I am on hold at UMD, post interview. I interviewed on Jan 28th. Has anyone else been put on hold? Does anyone know when I should expect to hear something? At this point, I'd rather be on the waitlist than completely in limbo. I'm afraid to call and ask, because last time I called, the woman who answered the phone was very snippy with me. Any insight would be useful.

Members don't see this ad.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by faerichilde:
•So, I got a letter yesterday saying that I am on hold at UMD, post interview. I interviewed on Jan 28th. Has anyone else been put on hold? Does anyone know when I should expect to hear something? At this point, I'd rather be on the waitlist than completely in limbo. I'm afraid to call and ask, because last time I called, the woman who answered the phone was very snippy with me. Any insight would be useful.•••••i like the photo (in your profile)!

are you an outta-stater? i applied as an outta-stater and just got rejected recently. good luck!

Thanks. Yeah, I'm from out of state. I'm just frustrated because it's my top choice school, and so I'm going to want to wait on other schools until I hear from them. I was hoping to move in the beginning of July, but all this waiting may force me to wait longer. (I'm only on alternate lists now, but 2 of those, I will almost certainly get accepted, because one is the high priority alternate list at SUNY upstate, and the other is USF, where I was told I'm at the top of the list.)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup...I interviewed at 9 all together...I'm on 5 waitlists (USF, Upstate, Creighton, Jefferson, and Mount Sinai) and I haven't heard from 4 (UMD, UMiami, UF, and BU) I have an interview coming up on the 8th at Temple, and then I should be done (although I haven't heard from Albany yet, and when I called they said they were still sending out interview invites)

Hey -- It took me 5 months after my interview to get in! So a little waiting at Maryland is not necessarily a bad thing.