on "HOLD"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iamhungry

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i applied to westernU and interviewed early november and recently found out my application is on hold. they will review my application again april 15, 2005, once everyone's profile has been looked at. they told me to send them any progress from now until then. i'm disappointed, but i was kind of expecting it as i did poorly on the interview. they didn't really ask me anything about myself and didn't get to know me. they asked me a lot about my job and brought up vioxx as i work in retail pharm. i know they were probably just testing me to see how i handled the pressure, and i completely failed. oh well. i was wondering as an applicant on hold, what do i do now? i was planning on showing them my fall transcripts after my finals. i'm going to ask 2 more teachers to write me a letter of recommendation, including my teacher for public speaking. hopefully, she'll write something how i am an effective communicator. i'm also going to ask another pharmacist and an intern to write something about me as to why i'd be a good pharmacist. you think i'm going overboard? should i not do that? should i approach this differently? i was thinking of writing them saying how i really want to be a pharmacist. would that seem desperate? any feedback is appreciated. thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Not necessary. It's all in how you approach it. I think you should continue to show a strong interest in their school. I would send my fall transcript and maybe an additional rec or two. In addition I would continue to follow-up somehow so they can know I am interested. Maybe a letter or a call here and there. I mean, I think this is something important and I would do what it takes.

what do you guys think about emailing to inquire about your status or show interest, instead of calling and/or sending letters?

2005pharmD said:
what do you guys think about emailing to inquire about your status or show interest, instead of calling and/or sending letters?

I think that will be the best approach..b/c they are really up to their necks w/ applications. Emailing gives them more time to answer your questions.