? on Secondary Application Essays

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HKDO08

Ivan the Terrible
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm somewhat new to this forum, mostly a lurker. Anyway, I have a question regarding the essays on secondary applications. Some are pretty clear, (ex: 500 words or less). For the essays that say one page or less, 1/2 page or provide an actual space on a form, should the essay be double-spaced or single-spaced? Either way would make a difference on the amount of content. The secondary applications do not specify on this.

Thank you for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Lari29,

Since specific directions aren't being provided, I think the most important thing is that your secondary essays be entertaining, revealing, and succinct. For example, at Touro, Dr. Haight reads through every single secondary application and I assume a overly lengthy reply to the essay prompt may very well lose his interest, while a double spaced reply may not be enought to paint an accurate picture of your intent. In the end, use your best judgement and try and look at your application through the eyes of an admissions committee member...

I know this isn't a particularly concrete reply, but perfectly applicable, nonetheless...

Brian Enriquez
[email protected]