On the actual test..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xlr8

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are the questions numbered like AAMC (1-146), and are the passages numbered at the top (each one says Passage I, Passage II, etc..)?

Members don't see this ad.

adding to this question:
Is the countdown time the same (ie: time left per section)?

I wish it would tell you how many questions were left per section, instead of the whole test...

No, the questions are numbered new in every section (like 1-52), so you actually know where you are in a section.

On the bottom of the screen will be written either "Passage x of 7" or "Questions x-x" if you are on discretes.

There is a timer counting down the time you have left in the current section. In addition, there are super-annoying popups that come up whenever you have 45 minutes and 5 minutes remaining.

thank you for that info.

One more question - is the GUESS option exactly as it is on AAMC, meaning, can we mark it and then 'review guesses'?

Members don't see this ad :)
thank you for that info.

One more question - is the GUESS option exactly as it is on AAMC, meaning, can we mark it and then 'review guesses'?

Ok, another question - is the STRIKEOUT option exactly as it is on AAMC, with right-click?

thank you for that info.

Not exactly. You can click on a button that says "Mark" rather than "Guess." The button is at the bottom, and the question you want to mark has to be selected. In order to see which question is currently selected, a box appears around the question itself. This method is (I feel) highly annoying, requiring you to click on each question in order to determine whether you marked it or not.

Ok, another question - is the STRIKEOUT option exactly as it is on AAMC, with right-click?
No. Believe it or not, strikeout is done with the left-mouse button. In order to actually select the answer, you have to click the bubble next to the one you want to pick. This threw me off a couple of times as I would click on the answer text and instead it would strike the answer out. Very confusing and annoying.

just as a random note, has anyone else noticed that the aamc tests are numbered 1-146 during the test, but there are only actually 144 questions? am i missing something?