"One and only one" JUNE 06 SCORES

Started by dave233
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dave233

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,
I was wondering if we all can post our june 2006 PCAT results here as we get them...
So far it looks like people for San Antonio and LA got their results....
Here are the ones that have been posted already

savvysearch - 87

mustangrolla - 91

berkeleytwinkie - verbal 91
biology 87
reading comp 85
math 98
chem 87
writing 3
composite 95

p-rog - Verbal ability 420 80
Biology 408 65 (I don't what happened here)
Reading 425 85
Quantitative 460 98
Chemistry 459 98
Composite 434 95
Writing 3

MK185 - verbal: 47
Bio: 70
reading: 71
Quan: 85
chem: 90
composite: 80
writing: 2

jmr5008 - verbal 433 91
bio 425 84
reading 462 99
quant. 385 28
chem 396 48
comp. 420 84
essay 3

aimster45 - Verbal 63
Bio 90
Reading Comp 90
Quantitative 96
Chemistry 48
Writing 3
Compostite 87

AznGTOi3oi - 78

mommy2boys - 98

sprinkle0420 -
verbal ability: scaled score 424, percentile 84
biology: scaled score 454, percentile 98
reading comprehension: scaled score 419, percentile 79
quantitative: scaled score 408, percentile 67 ( totally ****ed up this section)
chemistry: scaled score 435, percentile 91
composite: scaled score 428, percentile 91

I think i got most of them, if not... please feel free to add...
I live in Canada,, i'll be lucky if i get this week...
but can hardly wait
 
Hey u guys all did really really well can u tell me exactly how yall studied ... what books ... whats sections from each of the different brands... and
how yall studied verbal etc..... i need help!!! alot lol

thanks i would really apprecitate it


Hey guys,
I was wondering if we all can post our june 2006 PCAT results here as we get them...
So far it looks like people for San Antonio and LA got their results....
Here are the ones that have been posted already

savvysearch - 87

mustangrolla - 91

berkeleytwinkie - verbal 91
biology 87
reading comp 85
math 98
chem 87
writing 3
composite 95

p-rog - Verbal ability 420 80
Biology 408 65 (I don't what happened here)
Reading 425 85
Quantitative 460 98
Chemistry 459 98
Composite 434 95
Writing 3

MK185 - verbal: 47
Bio: 70
reading: 71
Quan: 85
chem: 90
composite: 80
writing: 2

jmr5008 - verbal 433 91
bio 425 84
reading 462 99
quant. 385 28
chem 396 48
comp. 420 84
essay 3

aimster45 - Verbal 63
Bio 90
Reading Comp 90
Quantitative 96
Chemistry 48
Writing 3
Compostite 87

AznGTOi3oi - 78

mommy2boys - 98

sprinkle0420 -
verbal ability: scaled score 424, percentile 84
biology: scaled score 454, percentile 98
reading comprehension: scaled score 419, percentile 79
quantitative: scaled score 408, percentile 67 ( totally ****ed up this section)
chemistry: scaled score 435, percentile 91
composite: scaled score 428, percentile 91

I think i got most of them, if not... please feel free to add...
I live in Canada,, i'll be lucky if i get this week...
but can hardly wait[/QUOTE]
 
Could a moderator keep this thread pruned. That is, all questions and peripheral comments addressed elsewhere?

Of course that including this post 😀

A concise "scores only" thread would be dandy :idea:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm in Phoenix and my scores came today.


Verbal Ability 438 93
Biology 421 81
Reading Comprehension 462 99
Quantitative Ability 408 67
Chemistry 427 87
Composite 431 93
Writing Score 4
 
Since I only posted my composite score earlier I thought I would elaborate:

COMPOSITE 442/98 🙂

Verbal 444/96
Biology 483/99
REading 462/99
Quantitative 402/57 🙁 OUCH
Chemistry 442/81
 
Got my scores in Mississippi. I decided to add my scaled scores ( I dont know if this is helpful to anybody).

Verbal Ability 389 33
Biology 408 65
Reading Comprehension 425 85
Quantitative Ability 481 99
Chemistry 468 99
Composite 434 95
Writing Score 4
 
My scores arrived here today (Richmond KY)

Verbal - 410 -- 68
Biology - 425 -- 84
Reading- 419 -- 79
Quantitative 408 -- 67
Chemistry 480 -- 99
Composite 428 -- 91
Writing 3
 
My scores arrived here today (Clearwater FL)

Verbal - 424 -- 84
Biology - 454 -- 98
Reading- 432 -- 90
Quantitative 414 -- 75
Chemistry 423 -- 83
Composite 429 -- 92
Writing 2 (WTF do you expect in 30 minutes? 😛 Besides, I can make up for it with my application essays)

Matched with a 4.0 overall GPA...I think I will be running for hills


wooohoooo!
 
Just got my scores today (Michigan)

Verbal --- 417 -- 77
Biology --- 434 -- 90
Reading --- 449 --- 97
Quantitive --- 443 --- 95
Chemistry --- 435 --- 91
Composite ---- 436 --- 96
Writing --- 4

I must have REALLY taken some good guesses on those orgo questions...
 
Ijeoma said:
Geez, every one mentioned above passed in flying colors.
Makes me wonder....


It makes me wonder as well. I assume

a)those with higher scores are more likely to post them,
b)those on SDN are more likely to do extremely well,
c)PCAT decided to exaggerate the percentages as if they were women's dress sizes.

It also makes me wonder about the number of people who take the pcat and the number of people who actually apply to schools. Is SDN indicative of the sample the average applicant is up against?
 
ForcedEntry said:
My scores arrived here today (Clearwater FL)

Verbal - 424 -- 84
Biology - 454 -- 98
Reading- 432 -- 90
Quantitative 414 -- 75
Chemistry 423 -- 83
Composite 429 -- 92
Writing 2 (WTF do you expect in 30 minutes? 😛 Besides, I can make up for it with my application essays)

Matched with a 4.0 overall GPA...I think I will be running for hills


wooohoooo!

Jealous... I didnt get mine in Tallahassee. You look like you're a shoo-in!
 
Just got scores a little bit ago, almost had a heart attack when I saw the envelope in my mail box

Composite: 97

Verbal Ability: 424 - 84
Biology: 454 - 98
Reading Comp: 504 - 99
Quantitiative: 402 - 57 (I am calculator dependant)
Chemistry: 423 - 83
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello from mesa, Arizona. Finally got them and WOOO!!!! am I excited!

Verbal Ability - 428 - 87
Biology - 429 - 87
Reading - 462 - 99
Math - 430 - 89
Chemistry - 435 - 91
Composite - 437 - 96

Writing - 3

Thank GOD I don't have to worry about that dumb test anymore, what a pain it was!
 
I have a question... how many more questions does one need to answer right in order to jump from a score of 390 something to 420 something? 😳 😳 😳
 
Can someone please figure out how many points will a correct answer on the pcat give you on your scaled score.

Can you tell me if I am making a mistake: For example Bio= 58 questions. Max scaled score is 600. When I divide 600 by 58 600/58 = 10.345 So therefore, if someone scored 429 on bio. Can we say 429/10.345 which will equal 41.5. Can we say that this person got 41.5 questions correct on the bio section.

I need someone to help me out with this concept. Thank you!
 
savvysearch said:
It makes me wonder as well. I assume

a)those with higher scores are more likely to post them,
b)those on SDN are more likely to do extremely well,
c)PCAT decided to exaggerate the percentages as if they were women's dress sizes.

It also makes me wonder about the number of people who take the pcat and the number of people who actually apply to schools. Is SDN indicative of the sample the average applicant is up against?


Both A and B. If your the type to be on a message board about academics in the first place you are more likely to do well on the test. Of course if you do good you are bursting to tell everyone. Trust me, SDN is NOT indicative of the general sample population. I have met many sub 50% scorers during my pre-pharmacy adventure.
 
Elaborating on my earlier score:

Verbal 60
Biology 99
Reading 71
Quant 87
Chem 89
Writing 3

Composite 91

With my section scores, i would expect like an 85 or something. It really makes me wonder if the science sections are worth more than the english ones.

FYI, i studied like crazy to get my 91. So it wasn't necessary "easy"
 
mustangrolla said:
Elaborating on my earlier score:

Verbal 60
Biology 99
Reading 71
Quant 87
Chem 89
Writing 3

Composite 91

With my section scores, i would expect like an 85 or something. It really makes me wonder if the science sections are worth more than the english ones.

FYI, i studied like crazy to get my 91. So it wasn't necessary "easy"

the composite is an average of the scaled scores. Try the math. 🙂
 
Verbal- 91
Bio- 61
Reading- 85
Quant- 67
Chem- 52
Writing- 4
Comp- 76

i havent taken organic chem yet and took calculus 3 years ago
what would you think my comp would be if i got quant and chem in the 70s?
and whats the highest writing score, 5?
 
Finally got my scores...thank god.

Verbal 417 77
Biology 414 73
Reading 439 95
Math 414 75
Chem 427 87
Comp 422 86
Writing 3
I expected the chem and verbal to be higher. The verbal to be much higher--actually. The bio is around where I thought. And the math I had no clue with the amount of calc that was thrown on it. Plus it's been 3+ years since I've done any calc. Overall I'm relatively pleased. I don't think I'll be taking it again.
 
just got my scores today.. very happy!

verbal...84
bio...76
reading comp...79
quantitative....93
chemistry....99
composite....97

writing... 3

first times a charm 😉
so glad i don't have to take it again!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Verbal...452...97%
Biology...429...87%
Reading...400...50% 😱
Quantitative...434...91%
Chemistry...402...58% 😱
Composite...423...87%
Writing...2 🙁

I ran out of time when reading the passages, so I wasn't expecting much there. I just plain had issues with the chemistry(organic). Oh, well, I'm thankful for a decent composite.
 
Verbal 87
Bio 61
Read/Comp 71
Quant 93
Chem 69
Composite 83

Writing 4

I studied for ~ one month, a few hours a day (skipped some days here and there!) I used Peterson's Guide and basic text books for Chem, Bio, O-Chem and Calc.
 
Got my scores yesterday.
Scaled Percentile
Score Rank
V.A. 424 84
Bio. 429 87
R.C. 432 90
Q.A. 438 93
Chem 417 78

Comp. 428 91

Writing Score: 3

This was my second time around for me and I'm gald it will be my last. 🙂
 
Verbal: 96
Bio: 99
Reading: 95
Math: 95
Chem: 97
Composite: 99

Writing: 3

What helped me the most is that I took the test after getting almost all of my pre-reqs done and having additional biology classes. As a result studying for the test was a brief review rather than trying to learn new concepts. Cell biology also helped a lot with biology. Very happy that I'm over with this test and don't have to retake it.