One month to step 1- any advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stressmonkey

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have 1 month until I take step 1.....what would be the most time-effective method of studying? Going thru First Aid again and again and doing questions?

Crap I've done so far to get ready:
1)First Aid once
2) BRS Pharm, BRS Phys, Clinical Micro Made Ridiculously Simple, BRS Behavioral, and BRS Path within the last 3 months
3) About 35% of Kaplan Qbank
4) I'm taking a First-Aid based review course and doing NBME 2 next week and my schools Kaplan mock step 2 weeks out.

Are there any other books I should go thru (is neuro high-yield or not really)? How many practice tests should I do?

Also, how do you prevent burnout during this month?

Thanks!!:)

Members don't see this ad.

So I have 1 month until I take step 1.....what would be the most time-effective method of studying? Going thru First Aid again and again and doing questions?

1)First Aid once
2) BRS Pharm, BRS Phys, Clinical Micro Made Ridiculously Simple, BRS Behavioral, and BRS Path within the last 3 months
4) I'm taking a First-Aid based review course and doing NBME 2 next week and my schools Kaplan mock step 2 weeks out.

Are there any other books I should go thru (is neuro high-yield or not really)? How many practice tests should I do?

First Aid based Review course? Is that Doctors in Training by any chance?

1)First Aid once

You should def do neuro, its going to cost you on exam day.Do Uworld, take NBME 3, 6...3 is the best predictor of your score. Instead of adding more time toward your review course spend more time learning neuro, doing uworld and then reviewing everything.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm taking that course in Dallas beginning June 19th. How has that course been? Is it worth spending time doing the questions he sent via email?
I don't know yet...we start today....I haven't been doing the questions he emailed out but will probably start doing them now whenever I can't bear looking at First Aid anymore. Bleh. When do y'all take step?

I don't know yet...we start today....I haven't been doing the questions he emailed out but will probably start doing them now whenever I can't bear looking at First Aid anymore. Bleh. When do y'all take step?

I take my step on June 27th. I'm taking my course on June 9th, not june 19th. that was a typo. please let me know how the class goes.

Hi,
I saw doctorsintraining.com review, im a foreign graduate actually doing rotations in san antonio, anyways im planning on taking the course online and present step 1 in december. Do you think his 20 week studyplan is enough(including the course). Is it true the average 230? Is it worth it?

thanx for your responses

You've been through FA once and you can't bear looking at it anymore?