Online Anatomy and Physiology courses?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Marge1

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I was hoping to take Anatomy and Physiology over the summer. However, the community colleges closest to my house have decided not to offer them this summer because of lack of enrollment.

Does anyone know of or has anyone taken an online Anatomy class or Physiology Class? I would be interested in either an Anatomy and Physiology I and II sequence or two separate classes, an Anatomy class and a Physiology class. My school does not require a lab component.

Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

I've taken my A&P joint course online. I think they are about full on non- degree students, but they are advertising their distance ed on tv. It's East Carolina University, www.ecu.edu
Good luck!

I've taken my A&P joint course online. I think they are about full on non- degree students, but they are advertising their distance ed on tv. It's East Carolina University, www.ecu.edu
Good luck!

What is the course number, PharmOl? I was going to take the course at Wake Tech or Durham Tech; However, if ECU offers the course, I would take it there.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is expensive (unless you live in Maricopa county), but if I can't get the courses at my local community college, this is my next option. It's worth checking out. BTW, anyone ever taken a class here before?

http://www.riosalado.edu

What is the course number, PharmOl? I was going to take the course at Wake Tech or Durham Tech; However, if ECU offers the course, I would take it there.

Survey: BIOL 2130 and regular: BIOL 2140. I think it's 100 per credit hour.

This is expensive (unless you live in Maricopa county), but if I can't get the courses at my local community college, this is my next option. It's worth checking out. BTW, anyone ever taken a class here before?

http://www.riosalado.edu

My friend has...She took A&P I. You do your classwork online and take the test in a testing center (I think she took it at ASU and it's submitted there) and the lab is done online aswell. It's not a bad price if your instate...instate it's $71/credit. So, it's around $300 including all the fees (registration and I think there's a lab fee).

Lots of community college here in Arkansas offer them both online. We have cheap tuition too even for outsiders.

I took I and II last summer through Cayunga Community College (www.cayuga-cc.edu/) all online . It cost me $2000. That may be steep, but it covers your class and lab. The classes went from May to August. I was accepted to Mercer and waiting to hear from Samford. So if you are concerned out their legitimacy, they are accepted by pharmacy schools. Hope that helps and good luck!

I took I and II last summer through Cayunga Community College (www.cayuga-cc.edu/) all online . It cost me $2000. That may be steep, but it covers your class and lab. The classes went from May to August. I was accepted to Mercer and waiting to hear from Samford. So if you are concerned out their legitimacy, they are accepted by pharmacy schools. Hope that helps and good luck!

Geez I paid like $300 for both, lol. The book was more, but I can't remember how much.

hi...which college u went in for anatomy and physiology online? thnx in advance

Good luck!

^ I might take that class this summer!!

how was it? was it hard???
and was EVERYTHING online? (did you have to go to ecu campus ever?)

Miami Dade College has A&P lecture online, but you have to go in person for exams and lab. Florida Keys Community College has both lecture and lab online and I'm not sure if you need to go in person for anything.

FIU has a lot of online classes too, but I don't think A&P is offered at that school because when I took A&P last summer at Miami Dade we had a lot of FIU students there who couldn't take it at their normal school like myself.

Will these online programs offer labs? IMO, its best to take anatomy with hands on opportunity.

Have you checked with your schools to see if they accept online courses? I know some schools don't.

Members don't see this ad :)
If the tests are also online, I don't think it's a good idea.

Pharmacy schools accept prereq courses that are taken online?

yeah you have to check with the school, ... I am currently getting it approved by UNC.

^ I might take that class this summer!!

how was it? was it hard???
and was EVERYTHING online? (did you have to go to ecu campus ever?)
Everything was online. He had a theory portion (anatomy) by pictures and slides and physiology portion with an amazing simulator software. It was a difficult course and you can't cheat your way through it, you have to actually do work. Like I said before, UNC had no problems with it.

Everything was online. He had a theory portion (anatomy) by pictures and slides and physiology portion with an amazing simulator software. It was a difficult course and you can't cheat your way through it, you have to actually do work. Like I said before, UNC had no problems with it.

Hey PharmOl, do you recall what textbook they used for the class? I have the option of taking the course on-site at Durham Tech this summer, although I'm more inclined to take the class at ECU. Any info that you could share would be great!

Hey PharmOl, do you recall what textbook they used for the class? I have the option of taking the course on-site at Durham Tech this summer, although I'm more inclined to take the class at ECU. Any info that you could share would be great!
I took the lecture portion about 3 years ago and we used Human Anatomy and Physiology by Marieb. It's quite expensive. But the lab portion had a PhysioEx 8.0 book that was around $26. I think you could get an older edition of the book for much cheaper with not much change.

I also liked the fact that we had 4 days to complete and submit our lab portion. Every week, we had a quiz to take which was based on slides and pictures. You know exactly what to study and have a very decent idea of what will be on a quiz. And we had a simulation which was just like being in the lab- the software is amazing.
As per lecture portion, he gave us outline of chapters and we went and read in the book. Then we had 3 or four exams on that material and there was a time window when you can take of about 3-4 days but you were only allowed an hour to take it. Which more that sufficed.

Thanks for the info, PharmOl! I've contacted ECU about registering for the class since it seems like a much better option than taking at DTCC.

thanks so much pharmOI. I might take it online at ECU ... still waiting for it to be approved

Thanks for the info, PharmOl! I've contacted ECU about registering for the class since it seems like a much better option than taking at DTCC.

When you contacted ecu about registering, what did they say? I'm interested in this class too, I was just going to take it at UNC but then I have to commute 30 mins everyday for 5 weeks...
When I looked at ecu's website it says: We are currently unable to offer admission to undergraduate Non-Degree student applicants due to enrollment capacity issues.

and

These terms are OPEN to all VISITORS seeking traditional, face-to-face, campus-based enrollment only.

I'm a little confused on how to apply for distance summer school?! I also want to know how many seats are left in this summer anatomy class..
Their website is a little confusing...

if you're a UNC-school-system student then you can apply as a visiting student. (and also have to mail or fax in a visiting student permission form). that's what I'm doing right now, at least. it is confusing.

Hey everyone!

This is the reply that I received from the Admissions office at ECU:

Undergraduate Admissions is no longer accepting non-degree seeking students, however since you already have a degree, you can apply to the graduate school as a non-degree seeking student, and take undergraduate level courses (but, you will have to pay the graduate level fee). Please visit the graduate school’s website at http://www.ecu.edu/cs-acad/gradschool/applicationinfo.cfm for more information.

Hey everyone!

This is the reply that I received from the Admissions office at ECU:

Undergraduate Admissions is no longer accepting non-degree seeking students, however since you already have a degree, you can apply to the graduate school as a non-degree seeking student, and take undergraduate level courses (but, you will have to pay the graduate level fee). Please visit the graduate school’s website at http://www.ecu.edu/cs-acad/gradschool/applicationinfo.cfm for more information.
I've got the same response and had to apply for second undergrad. Therefore, I'm still paying undergraduate rates. There are also a couple online at Pitt Community College:
http://research.pittcc.edu/schedules/2010SU/searchResult.cfm