online application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dave

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I called aacom on friday to find out the status of my application. They haven't done anything with it. I was told "it's stuck in the server." Has anyone recieved secondaries for DO school? This whole online process was suppose to make things faster and easier. My experience thus far is exactly the opposite. What do you think?

Dave

Members don't see this ad.

Hey folks -- maybe I should have started my own thread with this, but since you've already submitted your applications, I'll ask you: did you both get recommendations from a DO as part of your application? I know it's usually necessary or "strongly encouraged" but there are only three in my town that I can find and even though I've contacted them all, I'm not getting any calls back. Even though I realize I'd have to shadow for more than a few days to get a decent recommendation, I'd like to get this part of my application finished as it's pretty much the only thing keeping me from being finished. Thanks in advance for your replies and good luck to all.

--Wheels

You don't need to submit your "D.O." rec letter until after you receive the secondary application from the schools...it has no bearing on your AACOMAS submission.... Why do you think that you need to have it now?

Members don't see this ad :)
HA! Interesting you should ask. Mostly on the prodding of my pre-prof. advisor. But I see where you're coming from.

From the looks of this it seems I'd better go the hard-copy route.

Thanks...

--Wheels

I'm in the same boat, sent online app. on June 12. Emailed to find out the status of my app. and was told it was received. However, I have not heard anything since. This truly sucks..