1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Online Classes - Who has used these?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by CATallergy, Apr 27, 2007.

1. CATallergy

2+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Places like UC Berkeley Extension and UNECOM (Univ. New England College of M) offer science classes (molecular bio, genetics, biochemistry)

I already know that some schools might not take these, so general advice to check with a specific school is pre-noted, but I'd love to hear about any specific experiences!

Who has good/bad experiences taking or using these courses?

or also perhaps someone would like to mention any other, better programs?

grazie mille

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. rowdyrock

rowdyrock Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I'm currently taking Distance Medical Biochemistry from the University of New England. Its fine I guess...the lectures are really hard to watch so I've just been learning from the book.

4. notdeadyet

notdeadyet Still in California
    Moderator 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I was interviewed at UC Davis and it went incredibly well, but was told from someone else that they do not accept distance/online learning classes for prereqs. I now have to decide whether to quit my job to take two math classes a biochem class in late spring and scramble to complete them while waiting to hear if I was accepted to UC Davis at all. Caveat emptor.

(Incidentally, Berkeley's Biochem class is pretty good. It's essentially learning out of a book on your own.)

5. CATallergy

2+ Year Member

Non-Student
    good info. were there any schools that didn't mind it?

6. notdeadyet

notdeadyet Still in California
    Moderator 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    To be honest, Davis and UCLA were the only schools I asked. I only asked them because another SDNer clued me in. I don't know about others, but I've heard there are several that don't accept them.