Online Classes - Who has used these?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CATallergy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Places like UC Berkeley Extension and UNECOM (Univ. New England College of M) offer science classes (molecular bio, genetics, biochemistry)

I already know that some schools might not take these, so general advice to check with a specific school is pre-noted, but I'd love to hear about any specific experiences!

Who has good/bad experiences taking or using these courses?

or also perhaps someone would like to mention any other, better programs?

grazie mille

Members don't see this ad.

I'm currently taking Distance Medical Biochemistry from the University of New England. Its fine I guess...the lectures are really hard to watch so I've just been learning from the book.

I already know that some schools might not take these, so general advice to check with a specific school is pre-noted, but I'd love to hear about any specific experiences!
I was interviewed at UC Davis and it went incredibly well, but was told from someone else that they do not accept distance/online learning classes for prereqs. I now have to decide whether to quit my job to take two math classes a biochem class in late spring and scramble to complete them while waiting to hear if I was accepted to UC Davis at all. Caveat emptor.

(Incidentally, Berkeley's Biochem class is pretty good. It's essentially learning out of a book on your own.)

Members don't see this ad :)
I was interviewed at UC Davis and it went incredibly well, but was told from someone else that they do not accept distance/online learning classes for prereqs. I now have to decide whether to quit my job to take two math classes a biochem class in late spring and scramble to complete them while waiting to hear if I was accepted to UC Davis at all. Caveat emptor.

(Incidentally, Berkeley's Biochem class is pretty good. It's essentially learning out of a book on your own.)

good info. were there any schools that didn't mind it?

good info. were there any schools that didn't mind it?
To be honest, Davis and UCLA were the only schools I asked. I only asked them because another SDNer clued me in. I don't know about others, but I've heard there are several that don't accept them.