Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Online Classes - Who has used these?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by CATallergy, Apr 27, 2007.

1. CATallergy

Non-Student
    Places like UC Berkeley Extension and UNECOM (Univ. New England College of M) offer science classes (molecular bio, genetics, biochemistry)

I already know that some schools might not take these, so general advice to check with a specific school is pre-noted, but I'd love to hear about any specific experiences!

Who has good/bad experiences taking or using these courses?

or also perhaps someone would like to mention any other, better programs?

grazie mille

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. rowdyrock

rowdyrock Member

Pre-Medical
    I'm currently taking Distance Medical Biochemistry from the University of New England. Its fine I guess...the lectures are really hard to watch so I've just been learning from the book.

4. notdeadyet

notdeadyet Still in California

Attending Physician
    I was interviewed at UC Davis and it went incredibly well, but was told from someone else that they do not accept distance/online learning classes for prereqs. I now have to decide whether to quit my job to take two math classes a biochem class in late spring and scramble to complete them while waiting to hear if I was accepted to UC Davis at all. Caveat emptor.

(Incidentally, Berkeley's Biochem class is pretty good. It's essentially learning out of a book on your own.)

5. CATallergy

Non-Student
    good info. were there any schools that didn't mind it?

6. notdeadyet

notdeadyet Still in California

Attending Physician
    To be honest, Davis and UCLA were the only schools I asked. I only asked them because another SDNer clued me in. I don't know about others, but I've heard there are several that don't accept them.