Online Classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JSTAR04

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think of online classes. IT will be my first online class so i chose visual art which is like the basic of all arts what do you guys think. I pretty much chose this class so i can focus on my main courses.

Members don't see this ad.

What do you guys think of online classes. IT will be my first online class so i chose visual art which is like the basic of all arts what do you guys think. I pretty much chose this class so i can focus on my main courses.

Dude... you already asked this in your other thread. Please don't make a thread just for this topic. There's 10000 threads on this already.

codeblu, when will you just relax and stop bashing people. sheesh

Members don't see this ad :)
i had a feeling this would come up i apologize for the double thread from now on online courses will be answered here. The other thread can be deleted or locked

Bashing? Not bashing at all. OPs question is already asked in another thread.

Cross posting and posting multiple threads is against the TOS.

just seems weird. why not just not respond to it??

What do you guys think of taking a genetics class online that doesn't have a lab component? The CC that I'm at is only offering it online this coming semester and as I understand it as a pre-req for med schools you only need a year of Biology with lab so would this not matter? Would it count against me if I took it online?

Some schools require genetics as a "pre-med requirement" and some do not.

Of these, some schools such as University of Arkansas, do not accept online coursework to fulfill the prereqs. In my experience, very few schools require genetics.

Proof: page 2 of this pdf http://www.uams.edu/com/comcat/COM_admissions_bro-2012.pdf

To which school are you applying that requires genetics?

i would advise against it. I would only take gen ed classes online, and was told yesterday med schools dont look favorable on online pre reqs but the choice is yours if you can pull an A i say go for it.

I have a bunch of online classes on my transcript but you can't tell they are online since they have the same course number as the inclass ones.

Online courses are easy, so if it's a basic gen ed go for it. If you're trying to take orgo through university of phoenix online - stop it now because I have a monopoly on advanced courses from UoP

I have a bunch of online classes on my transcript but you can't tell they are online since they have the same course number as the inclass ones.
me too

When they say they "require genetics" does that include the classes in progress or do u have to have a grade for it. I will be taking it next summer and applying at the same time so i wont have a grade for it

But doesn't AMCAs ask you if the class was online or not when you are entering them in? I wouldn't try to hide it in that case, it could come back to bite you in the ass.

But doesn't AMCAs ask you if the class was online or not when you are entering them in? I wouldn't try to hide it in that case, it could come back to bite you in the ass.

Not that I'm aware of. At least on the primary. Certain schools may on the primary, or it may come up if course descriptions are pulled (but even then your school may just use one course description for all sections regardless of online/inclass).

Last edited:
That depends. Do you want to increase your chances of getting into med school as much as possible? If so, you should probably avoid online classes, as some AdComs look down on them as easier or not representative. This is not a statement as to their educational value. Just something to consider moving forward.

To play devils advocate, it's probably more advantageous to have a 4.0 from a non-vital online class than a 2.0 from taking the real deal.