Online classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmDPotential

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've taken some biology and health-related ONLINE courses at a community college and got all A's. Do you think this would look good on my transcript or not? I find this way to be easy and convenient and I can raise my 2.8 GPA this way, so I was wondering if I should keep taking online courses.

Members don't see this ad.

Online or in class, an A is an A.

I'm going to have to go with the ever-so-seemingly popular answer of check with the schools you're interested in. Some schools will not accept credits from online courses. Especially science courses.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've taken some biology and health-related ONLINE courses at a community college and got all A's. Do you think this would look good on my transcript or not? I find this way to be easy and convenient and I can raise my 2.8 GPA this way, so I was wondering if I should keep taking online courses.

Think of it this way, the majority of classes taken in pharmacy school won't be online. Since you won't be accustomed to in class lectures it could be a challenge for you down the road and that could overshadow your chances of getting selected. I would think classes with labs would not be offered online :wow:

Think of it this way, the majority of classes taken in pharmacy school won't be online. Since you won't be accustomed to in class lectures it could be a challenge for you down the road and that could overshadow your chances of getting selected. I would think classes with labs would not be offered online :wow:
I think it depends on where you apply. Schools with multiple sites I.E. UF, UNC usually have recorded lectures. I've seen a number of posts regarding lecture materials. I think at these schools you might actually have a better chance, but don't quote me and definitely do your research on this.

Some schools even have online dual degree components (I.E. Ferris State has an online MBA)

I agree with above though, an A is an A.

The school I'm applying to doesn't accept any online math or science courses. I've heard of several that are the same way, so make sure you're not spending valuable time in the wrong type of class.

The school I'm applying to doesn't accept any online math or science courses. I've heard of several that are the same way, so make sure you're not spending valuable time in the wrong type of class.

I know that UF wants in class science courses (I think specifically for Pre-Reqs though) so you should definitely check first!!

Which school is that?