online courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

highlyfavored

obligated to serve God...
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you have taken an online course, what school did you take it from and what course? How was your experience?

Members don't see this ad.

Have taken online and correspondance courses for many of the sciences. Make sure to check with the school your applying for their approval. if you need more specific help PM. with a particular course.

animal_lover said:
If you have taken an online course, what school did you take it from and what course? How was your experience?

I will be taking A&P I and Lab at SPC next semester. I heard good things, I'll let you know as the semester goes.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've taking Chem I, History before 1876 and Statistics. I will be taking American National Politics and Intro to Fiction online next semester. All of these were taken at a Community College.

I did not spend enough time on the material, I did ok (B). The professor mandated weekly 'chats' about the material, unfortunately I often found the material covered in the chats too remedial to be of assistance. Labs were one Saturday a month and covered three or four labs each Saturday.

History before 1876 had a weekly chats and several papers. I wrote more in that class then I did in either of my composition classes.

Statistics online sucks. :p Actually, it's not horrible, there are a few weird problems one encounters and the math 'study hall' on campus doesn't always have a stats person there and the professor is out the door by 4:45 every day. Ultimately the course-work can be done through self-study, especially if you are proficient at math.

KUMoose said:
I've taking Chem I, History before 1876 and Statistics. I will be taking American National Politics and Intro to Fiction online next semester. All of these were taken at a Community College.

I did not spend enough time on the material, I did ok (B). The professor mandated weekly 'chats' about the material, unfortunately I often found the material covered in the chats too remedial to be of assistance. Labs were one Saturday a month and covered three or four labs each Saturday.

History before 1876 had a weekly chats and several papers. I wrote more in that class then I did in either of my composition classes.

Statistics online sucks. :p Actually, it's not horrible, there are a few weird problems one encounters and the math 'study hall' on campus doesn't always have a stats person there and the professor is out the door by 4:45 every day. Ultimately the course-work can be done through self-study, especially if you are proficient at math.

History before 1876? Boy you are old. I didn't think there was internet back then
:laugh:

usi said:
History before 1876? Boy you are old. I didn't think there was internet back then
:laugh:

Yea it was US History to 1877.

And I tell you, Mathuzala that young pup, I knew him when he was a wee lad.

*crackle*

from Western Illinois University

3 online classes, 1 video...

My experience was AWFUL! :scared: I had to write 40 pg papers for my History video class... and his grading was horrible! I will never do that again. Online was ok but honestly, I like the person-to-person situation better.

At Illinois Central College, I took a literature class online and loved it... I guess WIU is just no good! :p

sarahjth said:
from Western Illinois University

3 online classes, 1 video...

My experience was AWFUL! :scared: I had to write 40 pg papers for my History video class... and his grading was horrible! I will never do that again. Online was ok but honestly, I like the person-to-person situation better.

At Illinois Central College, I took a literature class online and loved it... I guess WIU is just no good! :p

I think online classes, like any class depends on the teacher; do your homework, ask around to other students in the place you intend to sign up for.
I was unanimously recommended to a specific teacher, so I feel I am in good hands.
animal_lover, Where are you thinking to sign up?

usi said:
I think online classes, like any class depends on the teacher; do your homework, ask around to other students in the place you intend to sign up for.
I was unanimously recommended to a specific teacher, so I feel I am in good hands.
animal_lover, Where are you thinking to sign up?

I've signed up @ Texas Tech. I think I made a mistake taking calculus through distance learning. :eek: I'm not close to being finish with the course, b/c I was taking 2 classes on campus, trying to study for the PCAT and working 40hrs/wk. I only have until Feb to finish. They will charge me $100 for an extension! :mad:

animal_lover said:
I've signed up @ Texas Tech. I think I made a mistake taking calculus through distance learning. :eek: I'm not close to being finish with the course, b/c I was taking 2 classes on campus, trying to study for the PCAT and working 40hrs/wk. I only have until Feb to finish. They will charge me $100 for an extension! :mad:

Do a ton of practice problems so it does not go to waste.

U of Central Florida - All of the online courses I've taken were incredibly easy. I'm considering taking Pathogenic mechanisms online next semester but I don't need it to graduate. I guess it might help me in pharmacy school though? :confused:
Medical Terminology (3000 level course)
Intro to Pharmacology (3000 level course)
Medical Pharmacy I (4000 level)
Medical Pharmacy II (4000 level)

Other online classes include
HSC 3593C - "HIVDISEASE AHUMAN"
HSC 3640 - "HEALTH LAW"
HSC 4500 - "EPIDEMIOLOGY"
and the list goes on. :thumbup:

ethyl said:
U of Central Florida - All of the online courses I've taken were incredibly easy. I'm considering taking Pathogenic mechanisms online next semester but I don't need it to graduate. I guess it might help me in pharmacy school though? :confused:
Medical Terminology (3000 level course)
Intro to Pharmacology (3000 level course)
Medical Pharmacy I (4000 level)
Medical Pharmacy II (4000 level)

Other online classes include
HSC 3593C - "HIVDISEASE AHUMAN"
HSC 3640 - "HEALTH LAW"
HSC 4500 - "EPIDEMIOLOGY"
and the list goes on. :thumbup:

Wow, too expense for me ($500/credit hr). :eek: I would be out of state student. The "hook up" for in state student, though. Thanks!