Online courses?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HenryH

AA-S
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This Fall, I'm supposed to take English 2. The teacher that I'm currently signed up to take it with is infamous for being some kind of monster that doesn't believe in giving As ("no literature is ever perfect").

I was checking my school's schedule site and noticed that they were offering an English 2 class over the internet. Do all dental schools have any kind of policy against online courses for credit, or would it just depend on the school (if any schools actually have policies regarding this)?

Thanks...

Members don't see this ad.

Most of the schools I applied to have a policy against on-line and correspondence courses. Check each d-school website to be sure. I believe AADSAS makes you indicate the format of each course (online versus lecture). However, if the transcript doesn't state that it was an online class then it becomes an integrity issue.

I believe that only applies to pre-reqs. I would think it would look good to take some classes online. It shows you are self motivated.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have taken a crap load of online classes...I think your right, you have to be EXTREMELY self motivated to succeed.

Plus, the only way my 4-year is offering genetics this coming semester is online. This is the only upper division bio course that is offered online...and I am taking it...

I believe that only applies to pre-reqs. I would think it would look good to take some classes online. It shows you are self motivated.

That is the thing; on the websites of most dental schools, English 2 is listed as a "pre-requisite."

Does anyone know if MCG has a policy against online classes? I checked their FAQ, but the issue wasn't addressed.