Quantcast

Online English 102 course

Travel to Ghana on the Ultimate Med Immersion
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medigal

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about taking an online course for English 102 at my state university. Is it acceptable to take it online? I have heard that many medical schools don't accept it.

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about taking an online course for English 102 at my state university. Is it acceptable to take it online? I have heard that many medical schools don't accept it.
I hate the phrase “I have heard...”
Many schools will not accept online prereqs. Yhis can be confirmed school by school either via their websites or from the MSAR

Reactions: 1 user

chemdoctor

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just take it in class. Don’t unnecessarily preclude yourself from applying to a good amount of schools. Use rate my professor, and find an easy one

Medigal

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Many schools will not accept online prereqs. Yhis can be confirmed school by school either via their websites or from the MSAR
Yes, I agree. I just wanted to make sure that I am not putting myself into trouble. What's wrong with that phrase though?

Medigal

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just take it in class. Don’t unnecessarily preclude yourself from applying to a good amount of schools. Use rate my professor, and find an easy one
That's what I plan to do; use rate my professor and choose an easy one. Thanks for the advice

chemdoctor

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Heard from where? From whom ? What have you done to verify it on your own with say a google search? Premed students are supposed to be the best and the brightest and many have research experience yet many do almost no research on their own . Anyone who has information the “he has heard” and had t immediately went to verify it from s competent or direct source in this application process is doing themselves a great disservice

You quoted the wrong person.

I never said that. In fact, I gave my advice based on how you always say online prerequisites are not always accepted lol

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Yes, I agree. I just wanted to make sure that I am not putting myself into trouble. What's wrong with that phrase though?

Heard from where? From whom ? What have you done to verify it on your own with say a google search? Premed students are supposed to be the best and the brightest and many have research experience yet many do almost no research on their own . Anyone who has information the “he has heard” and had t immediately went to verify it from s competent or direct source in this application process is doing themselves a great disservice