Online pre-reqs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

runningonmatcha

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can't find anything specific regarding pre-reqs (ex: physics, o-chem) being taken fully online. Is there any informaton available regarding Dental Schools not accepting credits for a class taken virtually? My current school is only offering a certain course online, and I was wondering if this would hurt me when it comes time to start applying.

Members don't see this ad.

I know this isn’t quite what you are looking for, but I very much doubt taking an online pre-req would affect you or any possible decisions on your DS acceptance. I know multiple students who have taken all of their pre-reps fully online that have been accepted into DDS/DMD,MD, and PA programs. I feel like it has become much more acceptable to have an online pre-req in a post-COVID world. To be safe, I suppose you could contact the schools you are interested in to see if they have a school specific policy. But I don’t think I would even do that, since I also doubt your online course would be marked as an online course on your transcript, although if you wanted you could probably contact your advisor to make sure.

Reactions: 1 users
Especially with the pandemic, many people had to take their prerequisites class online. There are few considerations to check off to make sure your classes are valid, for example, this should be from accredited University or college credit