Online pre-requisites due to COVID?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coffeespeechrepeat

Reaction score
So I live and go to college in Mid-hudson NY and I'm concerned that classes will still be remote in the fall (when I planned to start taking premed courses). For some background, I've taken some basic premed courses like bio, chem and calc a decade ago and didn't do fantastic, so the bulk of my prereqs are going to be re-takes...

I'm wondering if it's a bad idea to start taking them if they're going to be on an online basis? My record is already sort-of tarnished from a long time ago and I don't want to sell myself short to medical schools when the time comes. Should I wait until on-campus classes resume to start the actual pre-requisites? Does it matter?

Members don't see this ad.

I would not wait until classes resume in person. I would start taking classes as planned at an institution that will offer classes in person once the pandemic ends ie I would not enroll in classes at online programs such as UNE, ASU, and BYU.

Reactions: 1 user