Online SMPs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dramatrauma

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I don't know much about either program but am currently in an in-person SMP.

My question to you is do you think you would be able to balance a FT job, 20+ volunteer hours a week, and your SMP? Just because it's online, doesn't mean that there won't be any work to do with it.

The only difference between online and in-person is you take out the travel time. Other than that, you still need to find to dedicate the hours to the program.

With that, I would assume that doing well in a specific program would help you get into that program's medical school if it were to have one (I know Liberty has a DO, only one in Colorado I think is RVU-COM). I'm not sure how other schools will view an online SMP vs. an in-person one. I think you would have to ask individual schools.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Online SMP sounds like a terrible investment. Do a diy post-bac if you have a low uGPA since you have to work+volunteer.

I can't recommend anything online. Work a few years, save up some money, and then go in full time. You're in a marathon now, not a sprint. Med schools aren't going anywhere.