Open Excel Content Outline of MCAT 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

To be MD

Med School Or Bust
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
THE OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL SDN EXCEL CONTENT OUTLINE FOR THE 2015 MCAT:

(https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hpl-usuWUgw3rzS0yTS6HJp5im6OUb06bEYlrnWW1VI/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=173155271)

I was about 3 hours into making an excel spreadsheet of all the topics listed by the AAMC mcat2015-content.pdf, and I was hoping that maybe other people would like to help. Personally, I want to be able to check off things as I review them, and this is best done in excel.

NextStep has posted an outline that is not in excel format and does not include all the topics (especially lacking in psych/soc).

Would anyone else care to help? Here is the link for the spreadsheet. It is open to edit, and, as such, I would really appreciate it if we all followed the structure of the outline as presented on the first page. It is meant to be an exact replica of the topics only of the mcat2015-content.pdf in excel format.

The spreadsheet is divided into BBFLS, CPFBS, PSBFB, SIRS (Scientific Inquiry and Reasoning Skills), and CARS. It could be a great resource for everyone on SDN, and, as Samwise would say, I just want to "share the load" of this burden.

**edit: once the document is finished, I will re-release a link that is "view/download only" so that no one has to worry about anything being messed up in the future & our successors will be fully equipped. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Woohoo!!! WE actually got some help :D.

Sheet 1 (BBFLS) was completed today!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thank you so much for the hard work! I assume Riles was a part of it too. :claps:

Woohoo!!! WE actually got some help :D.

Sheet 1 (BBFLS) was completed today!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thank you so much for the hard work! I assume Riles was a part of it too. :claps:

Yep! I'm sure folks can rally to finish the rest. I'll also continue to work.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Topic 7 is done! :)

**EDIT: All 8-10 is finished as well as SIRS. The CARS section is really wordy..

Also I'm pretty new here, and I'm taking the MCAT on May 6th. I'll be filling out this outline throughout my studying on my own. Let me know if you would like to work on it with me! (not uploading on the shared content outline as to not jumble it up for others who want to work on it themselves)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
@To be MD Thanks for doing this!! Just curious what do you mean when you say that it does not have the AAMC abbreviations that guide the depth of knowledge?

@To be MD Thanks for doing this!! Just curious what do you mean when you say that it does not have the AAMC abbreviations that guide the depth of knowledge?
On the outline, they write something like "(BIOL)" next to each topic to communicate that you should know the idea at the depth of an intro bio course (i.e. BIOL).

On the outline, they write something like "(BIOL)" next to each topic to communicate that you should know the idea at the depth of an intro bio course (i.e. BIOL).
Ah okay gotcha. I thought all the bio was intro level though and that no "upper level" science courses were needed for the MCAT? I have taken some though.