Open heel shoes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RoboChicken

now with 80% less sodium
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know that open toe shoes are an OSHA no-no. But what about open heel? (i.e. open heel clogs).
And what about shoes like this:


834_black_webb-51997738.jpg
 
OMG, totally love all the Dansko shoe styles available. I rotated with an ortho PA who wore the exact shoe you have shown. I think the biggest issue is with the toes in case needles drop and body fluids drop on you.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As long as it's a rotation you don't care too much about. You don't want to blackball yourself b/c of your shoes.
 
Well the backs of my heels have been hurting a lot lately (both in my danskos and born shoes) and the thought of letting them breathe a bit is really appealing. Plus the shoes above actually look kinda cute to me (and I could see myself possibly wearing them outside of the hospital) and danskos don't at all...
 
But yeah...comfort was generally not the point of my question. I just can't stomach buying another pair of danskos or the like.