Seriously, what shoes do you wear?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snowcrawler85

DO Class of 2023
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
As a women, I’m a little concerned about spending all day on my feet in business casual/professional dress and in dress shoes, So I am looking for recommendations for comfortable women’s dress shoes and/or companies?

TY

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I have rotations where I am in an outpatient clinic and have to wear business casual/professional clothing. I wish I could wear scrubs and sneaks for every rotation
This will all depend on your preceptors, not your school. All my preceptors so far have been ok with me wearing scrubs even in outpatient clinics, and I come from a school with a dress code.

I’ve never seen anyone get too picky about shoes when you’re wearing pants. I just wear my Danskos with everything. Get black ones and they look good enough under dress pants that no one will care. You’ll only have to wear women’s dress shoes if you’re wearing skirts or dresses.

Reactions: 1 user
Fig joggers with Nike's or you're doing it wrong

Reactions: 2 users
Check out Cole Haan's Zerogrand. They have nice looking dress shoes and boots that feel like sneakers. A bit expensive but they're good quality and should last you a while.

Reactions: 1 users
Check out Cole Haan's Zerogrand. They have nice looking dress shoes and boots that feel like sneakers. A bit expensive but they're good quality and should last you a while.

those are super sleek thank you! I wish they had leather with black soles but they are exactly what I was hoping for.

You don't have to wear business casual for clinical rotations. Most people just wear scrubs and tennis shoes. I found these tennis shoes made for healthcare workers to be really comfortable Best Shoes For Healthcare Providers - Nurses - Hospitals 2020 | Clove
yea these are leather/hard cover. If you have wide feet, go to the nearest adidas/nike store and get a fabric based shoe pair that can mold with your abnormal feet. Check the thickness and wear a couple to see what works. Throw in the cash to have the comfort of just trying out the shoes in person. Online cloth/shoe shopping is a big gamble that I have regrettably suffered consequences from.

Reactions: 1 user