Opinions about St. Petersburg Vet Technology program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

elenamaria51

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
HI I live in Orlando FL,I am a foreing DMV.I have been here in the states for 4 years.And I am thinking about taking this online program through St.Petersburg College.Since my English is much better now.Is anybody outhere who is enroll in this program. 🙂
 
The St. Petersberg program is to become a veterinary technician. It would not be appropriate for someone who already is a Doctor. (foreign Doctor of Medicine, Veterinary?)
 
The St. Pete Vet Tech program is great. I lived in Tampa and I've know people who have gotten their vet tech degrees there. However, if you are already a vet then that would be pointless... and a cakewalk.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks you gays,for your opinion. The program I am talking about is an AS Degree in Veterinary Technology,is a four year program. You can do it online or commuting.Since I live in Orlando it is easy for me taking it online.I heard this program is great,but it is different listening from students or somebody that had already took the program.My main interest is because I want to have a family,and at the same time I can work in an animal hospital and take the classes.Thank one more time.Any extra info would be helpful for me.
 
I still don't understand why you would want to get a degree from a vet tech school? That's 4 years and $$$ and time away from your family for what? Aren't you already a vet? You may not be certified here in the US but you would definitely be able to get a job as a tech. Maybe you are thinking you need a vet tech degree to be a tech at an animal hospital. That is not the case, especially in Florida. So unless there is another piece to the puzzle I wouldn't waster my time or money to go to vet tech school
 
A girl I work with is in the program to become certified. I looked into it a few years ago. She likes it becuase she can still continue to work regularly and take the courses online.